Sign in to follow this  
fbobum

FS2002 ATC

Hi All,Being a brit, I'm getting quite fed up hearing the american accent on atc in fs.(No affence to Americans at all), but is it possible to change the accsent to british?. Can anyone help?.

>Hi All, >Being a brit, I'm getting quite fed up hearing the american >accent on atc in fs.(No affence to Americans at all), but is >it possible to change the accsent to british?. Can anyone >help?. I would hope that they wouldn't use a British accent for ATC in MSFS, otherwise I would have to get my (British) wife to sit along side and translate every sigle ATC instruction to me, and that could get a bit "naggy" as she already loves to tell me what to do all the time anyway. Take care,MikeKOCF

Guest emergency_pants

I'm British too and I'd love to see some british accents in FS2002.I would record them myself, if I had the time... but unfortunately I don't. It involves recording all of the ATC bitparts individually... and then consider including several different british accents so that all the voices don't sound the same... it's an epic task.I personally would love to see a whole set of accents.1 British, 1 Irish, 1 US, 1 French, 1 Asian, 1 Australasian, 1 Hispanic, etc... that would be cool. I wonder if it would be possible to make the accents sensitive to the area which you are flying over???Cheers,Si.

Hi,Being a Japanese, it would be fair to say that English itself before accsent could be an issue for non english speaking simmers. Except some avaiation enthusiast, I bet 99% of simmers in Japan had waited for own language version of FS2K2 that had come out 3 months later than English version.Personally, I would accept Ameriacn, British or even Australian accsent as I report to two boss from US and New zealand in my real life.

Hehe -- being the cigar-smoking cuban-american that I am, I would probably sound like this..."Amherrricaan too-tree-sex, joo ahr cleer too lhaand :-lol"ohr somzin like dat" (-:Best rrrrrregarhs phrom Meeamee :-beerchugJ. Padron---

I think that would be just as bad, what it needs is variation rather than being dominated by one accent. How about other world accents as well, if it could be changed for the area that you are flying in then that would be much better just using accents from one geographic area.

Hi Si,Yes! quite wright change the accent depending on the country.In FS2000 there is a addon called real airports that does just that, but unfortunetaly there's not a copy for 2002....yet.clarkey

Hello Sir,Keep smoking those cigars,and if your ever in the uk (stockport area) give me a call and i,ll buy some cigars off ya!!!.clarkey

Now, here's where AETI's ProFlight 2000 stepped in and gave FS2000 a boost. While others have(?) made it work w/FS2K2, I'm one of the hopeful that MS can (will) come up with something like that in the future. Sure do miss ProFlight...Rick