Sign in to follow this  
Guest tlc8126

A truely FREE Modeling tool?

Guest tlc8126

Has anyone heard of a 3D Modeling software called ModelPress by a company called Informative Graphics?I was doing a google search and hit this web site. It says its a truely free 3D Modeling application that allows you to export to 3D Studio file format. I believe there is a file conversion utility for FLY! or FLY! II that takes the 3DS and converts to BIN, SMF, or whatever the format for FLY! was/is. That means that more people can get into modeling aircraft, cars, boats, buildings, etc.I admit that I am clueless when it comes to 3D software and animation, and have no clue whether this software will do 'key frames' or allow for animations that FLY! needs to make Control Panel Needles, Ailerons, tires, windsocks, etc, move.But I though I'd post the URL so that anyone interested, and anyone with the proper skills, can take a look, evaluate it, and give the rest of the FLY! community an evaluation report.Here's the URL: http://www.modelpress.com/Happy 'FLY'ing! :)Tom C.

G'day Tom,Thanks for the heads up re the Modelpress 3d tool. It's well worth investigating. Some time back Caligari made TrueSpace 3.2 available as a freebie. Don't know if it's still available. I've got a copy and encourage anyone remotely interested in 3d modelling to get it.Chris Wallace has written a converter Specifically to convert the 3ds output from TrueSpace to s3d for Fly! II. I'm not sure if it will work with another 3d modelling program??Z-Modeller is a program that is also used by some for static models for scenery.Cheers,Roger

Hi Tom,I am using Zmodeller 1.07, which is also free now to creaqte my Objects for FlyII and FS2004.Harald