Sign in to follow this  
philshaw

Trying to FLY after a long break

Hope somebody can help, I have just re-installed fly and patched up to date as in FAQ but when the cockpit loads on start up the graphics are well a mess the cockpit itselfe is OK but the outside world is a brownish mesh the smears when i look around, its very difficult to describe!running a abit radeon 9600XT driver 8.172Help would be gratefully accepted.

Hello Phil, and welcome back!The first thing that comes to mind is to check your render.ini file. Please check that the line vertexIndexFormat=0. If it is set to "1", reset it to "0" and save it.Also, Radeon cards are "famous" for being incompatible with the new video DLLs that TRI put into some of the patches (they were designed for nVidia chips). That problem was supposed to have been resolved with the last patches. However, if you don't get any success with the render.ini setting, let us know. After that, a reinstall of Fly!II and the patches would be required with the video DLLs saved and replaced at the end of the patching sequence.

Randall Rocke

WOW Thats fantastic!!!I have a nice view again.I set vertexIndexFormat=0, as you suggested and it works a dream.Thank you very much, i will have some fun this weekend!