Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

Is there a problem?......................

G'day all, Could anyone who downloaded the Scottish Aviation Twin Pioneer (PC or MAC users) please report back to the forum or me privately if you find that the aircraft, when first selected (engines not running), bounces on the tailwheel and then stops bouncing when you start the engines? I cannot reproduce this on my computer.Thanks for helpingCheers,Roger

Guest tonyc

I have not noticed that problem, Roger. It's a nice aircraft to fly and to land. tony

G'day Tony,Thanks for the nice comments mate: appreciate you replying.Don't get too complacent; it will ground loop on you at the drop of a hat :-lolWell that puts my mind at ease somewhat. I pressume you are using an IBM compatible PC. Can anyone confirm the operation of the Twin Pioneer on a MacIntosh computer? - not the right forum I know, but the Mac forum is pretty dead!Cheers,Roger

Guest tonyc

Let me tell you, Roger. As you know, I've got the Lockeed, which is far more "touchy" than this one. In fact, one reason why I did not release it is that it is too "real". I've flown Decathalons, and until one get a real feel for a tail dragger, it's not easy or fun.I'd love to see post dividing the glass. It would add to the vintage feel, irrespective of the panel. tony

G'day Tony,>I'd love to see post dividing the glass. It would add to the vintage >feel, irrespective of the panel. The main problem IMHO with a centre post panel is the loss of true perspective as you scroll across the panel. I have since learned the way to overcome that is to have two non-scrollable front panel views but this would mean a substantial amount of work. To be absolutely 100% honest I didn't even give it a second thought during the making of the aircraft, because all I did was to repaint the Navajo panel, but will try to keep it in mind for any future aircraft. Didn't some one upload to the library a centre post for the Navajo??I vaguely remember a centre post file.?Cheers,Roger

Guest tonyc

Actually , the center post is not very hard to place. The one that is in the FLY library is not , in my opinion, real "life like". I've taken a few from the msfs library and created my own center posts, the ones that belong to their aircrafts.tony