Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jake

Engine RPM Problem

Guest Jake

I have a problem when I first start Fly II. When I go thru the engine start up procedure of the PA28, the engine will only achive about 1000 RPM.I get around the problem by selecting another aircraft, which has the top end RPM of 2500 as it is suppose to have.Does anyone know why this is occuring?Thanks for your help.RegardsJake

Jake,There are two things that come to mind.1. Which aircraft is the startup aircraft (the aircraft that first appears when you start up Fly!II)? If it's not one of the base Fly!II aircraft, then some of the instruments and systems may not be loaded up properly for other aircraft. I use the Sahara Single Engine as my startup, then load the aircraft I'm going to fly - haven't had any problems.Though you can set this in the Fly.ini, the easiest way is to use the Quickflight menu. Select the aircraft you want for startup here (even if you don't use "quickflight" mode) and that will be the aircraft the next time you start Fly! - I also use this menu to set the starting airport.2. Another option to try would be to delete the HST file for the PA28. When you restart, a new HST for the PA28 will be created - maybe your problem will be eliminated. If you do this, be sure to open up the Aircraft, Options... menu and reset the Trim Steps to "1" and all exponential to "100%".After that, I wouldn't know what to try - you may want to contact the aircraft authors about the issue.

Randall Rocke

Guest Jake

Randell - Thanks for the help.I'll give it a try.RegardsJake

Guest Jake

Randell - Thanks for the help.I'll give it a try.RegardsJake