Sign in to follow this  
Guest 3cffts

Cannot insert windsock with Fly Scenery Editor.

Guest 3cffts

Hi all. Am I missing a file? When I click on the windsock in the Fly Scenery Editor (Control + E ) I get no response. I am able to place buildings o.k. so the editor is working. If I am missing a file, what is the name of the file? Should it not be in the data folder? At present the only .mlf file I have is factory.mlf. Cheers,Brian.

Guest 3cffts

Hi again: .... problem is partially solved. I now have a windsock, but with the scenery editor am not able to move it by dragging it with the mouse. Is it not possible to drag it?Brian.

G'day Brian,On very small models it is extremely difficult to catch the model and drag with the mouse.However, with a bit of care the windsock can be quite accurately moved/placed. Assuming you already have the windsock placed and want to move it.1. enter the scenery editor and place the cursor over the winsock and LEFT click the mouse. The windsock will now be flashing to indicate that it is selected.WARNING..... CHECK THAT THE OTHER MODELS IN THE SCENE ARE NOT FLASHING. (WE DON'T WANT THEM SELECTED!) IF THEY ARE, THEN CONTINUE TO LEFT CLICK THE MOUSE over the windsock UNTIL... ONLY THE WINDSOCK IS FLASHING.This may take up to about a dozen clicks.2. Once you get only the windsock flashing (selected) then you can use the motion control arrows to move the windsock. The motion is extremely sensitive but once you get used to it you can get quite accurate placement.3. once you have the winsock accurately placed, double check that you haven't moved any other models.Don't forget resave the new model scene or else the next time you reboot Fly! II the winsock will be back in its old position.If you want to have multiple windsocks around the airport then you can plant them just like trees!!With one windsock in position and flashing (selected), position the cursor with mouse to where you want another windsock and hold down and then the mouse. This gives very easy accurate positioning of the windsock.You could use the above method to achieve what you're after but it would invove deleting the original windsock once you have placed the new one where you want it.Have fun :-)Cheers,Roger

Guest 3cffts

Hello Roger:Many thanks, Now I pretty little windsocks for all runways! They look great . . . . fluttering in the breeze! Cheers,Brian.