Sign in to follow this  
Guest farflyer

Missing Runways

Guest farflyer

I am a member of VATSIM and have flown several hours there. I would like to do the ratings flying out of KSNA that they have set up. However, when I teleport or start flight plan, I go to KSNA, but there are no runways or taxiways showing. I have the tmsna and have all the buildings. All I have is green terrain. The pods show them to be there and the ILS works. What is missing or do I need to do to get the runways showing?Thank you for the information.I am using FLY2 on several different PC's, and get the same result from each.Tom PetersonFargo, ND

Hi Tom, Would guess you have done this,but worth double checking - is your fly2systemfly.ini file modified to reflect the searchPodFilesFirst=0 change? I loaded in the tmsna.zip file and it looks fine to me. Here is what I get...http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/185799.jpgI set it up in my scenery file in its own folder, i.e. Fly2scenerytmsnafile.pod file.scf. Did you happen to just drop the two files into your scenery folder directly? It is possible SNA was not an included taxiway file within the us taxiway pod file. It also could be you are not running enough memory for your render.ini file for your video card. There is a nice little program in the Utilities section of the library called memcalc.zip to help you with the slot allocations for the render.ini file.Only other thing to try is to place the tmsna.pod file in your sceneryshared folder *without* the .scf file and see if it works for you that way. I know for several of my terrascene areas, I have to put them in the sceneryshared folder to get them to work with their neighbors. Never have had a problem with the terramodels files, though.Hope this helps!Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Guest farflyer

Actually, the problem occurred before I installed the terramodel. Whether I teleported to, made a flight plan and pushed "start flight plan", or if I started at another airport and flew to KSNA, there is no runway showing. The only thing present is the beacon tower. I was hoping the terramodel might fix it. I am running just the basic Fly2 fully patched and without terrascene. Could there be a problem with the elevation of the runway and the airport? Do I need to make some changes in the 2 pod files for the airport? I have another airport, KSAW, that when I land there has a runway, but when I teleport there, the runway is gone. Actually it seems to be about 20 feet above the ground. Thank you for the suggestions. I look forward to seeing if there is more things I might try. Tom PetersonFargo, ND

Tom, are you starting from an airport near KSNA? Often times, Fly!II has problems loading in scenery for a spot where you are starting up close to or firing up a flight plan from a starting location near or within the same globe tile. Try teleporting to KATL - fly the pattern then land. Shut down the PLANE, then try teleporting to KSNA again. If you don't see anything, when you "fully patched" up to 240, did you happen to run the FlyIIGlobeUpdate1.zip patch? If not - that could be the problem. FileID for download is 9678. If you did, we might just need to do away with the globeupdate file step. Does mean having to uninstall and reinstall.Just for giggles here are the steps I use to to bring my Fly2 up to speed:Back up my fly.ini , render.ini and skies.ini files to safe spot.Remove old setup - and Defragment drive.Install fresh version - 152.Install the 152 to 210 patch.(only if you have) Install the PMDG 777 then 757(it adds the 230 patch in). Skip this step if no PMDG AC.Install the 240 patch (230 not really necessary).Install the FlyIIGlobeUpdate1.zip patch, if desired.Add the TM21_256.POD and Biberall.pod file into the Fly2sceneryshared folderReplace the fly.ini , render.ini and skies.ini with backup copies. :-)Check out sim and add more aircraft or planes slowly to ensure all working well.If you have installed the GlobeUpdate, I'd say - if HDD space allows, trying a different install without the GlobeUpdate. It has been such a long time, and I have so many settings / sceneries in my folders, I cannot recall exactly if I did the Globe Update or not. But I usually do.Cheers,Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster