Sign in to follow this  
Guest 3cffts

prop synchronization-King air

Guest 3cffts

Does anyone have the problem of propellors not being in sync while in cruise flight in the King Air?The sound .wave file for cruise when played on Media Player does not sound out of sync, but when flying the props are plainly not in sync. On my installation putting the synchophaser switch (on the instrument panel) to "ON" has no effect on audio, though the sync indicator does not rotate .... is there something wrong with my set-up?Brian.

G'day Brian,I don't have my Fly II computer set up right now but I would be very surprised if there was a separate sound file to mimic an out of sych prop. I could be wrong but it would require a heck of a lot programming for such a minor feature.Technically Synchrophasing refers to maintaining a fixed phase angle of rotation between the slave propellors to the master propellor on multi- engined aircraft. Synchronising is slaving of RPM to that of the master engine. On this type of system the engines MUST be manually throttled so that they are within 50 to 100 rpm. Then engage the synchronising swith and the blade pitch angles of the slave engine will be increased/decreased as necessary to bring the slave engine rpm to that of the master engine. No I don't think you have a problemCheers,Roger

Guest 3cffts

Hello Roger:Unless my ears are deceiving me, there is a definite mis-synchronization sound in cruise, but it is not present in the only cruising .wave file that I can find in the 'sound' folder. So, along with the fact that there are entries for the 'synchrophaser' in both the TRI3.pnl and TRI3.amp files, it would seem that perhaps the software may take the one sound file and duplicate it, but at a slightly different frequency. It seems to me that this would produce the out of sync sound ... and maybe does not take that much programming? However, if others have the same experience, then it would appear that nothing can be done about it.Cheers, Brian.

G'day Brian,Well! No wonder I didn't recall any problems. I'm one of the less fortunate simmers using a single T bar throttle that controls both engines simultaneously. My engines are always in synch. :-lolCheers,Roger

Guest 3cffts

Hello Roger:Now I am really puzzled. I too have a single throttle control for both engines, so why mine sound out of sync I can't understand. I also wish I had twin throttles .... maybe someday (sigh)!I wonder if there is someone out there in Fly!-Land who has twin throttles ... I would be very interested to know if they will permit different rpm sounds for each engine, and be able to sync the engines.Cheers,Brian.

G'day Brian,Try this:-under options/keys&buttons/aircraftkeys , allocated an unused key or button to (engine focus next) so that as you repeatedly push the button the engine focus cycles through #1, #2, Both or All.Make sure that you leave it in Both.Now start your aircraft and watch the syncronising disc and you will see it start to rotate to reflect the out of synch in RPM. As the second engine starts and run up to idle the synch disc stops spinning because the engines are now in synch.OK now take off and set yourself up in cruise condition. Both engines are in synch and the spinning disc is stationary.Now press whatever key/button you allocated to engine focus next and eng #1 will appear in the lower LH corner of the screen. Any changes you now make to the engine controls will ONLY affect #1 engine. #2 engine will remain at the cruise setting.Retard the RPM and the synch disc will start spinning indicating an RPM differential. Increase RPM and the disc will stop spinning as the RPM differential dissappears. Increase rpm even more so that #1 engine RPM is higher than #2 engine and the disc will start spinning in the opposite direction. Oh... Keep your ears open because if TRI programmed it right you should now hear a differnce in sound. But I seriously doubt you will because the *.wav files don't seem to be there to support it.I use to use engine focus control to simulate engine failure on the B707 on take. It was great catching the swing and climbing out with a heck of a yaw angle.Anyway just something for you to try.Cheers,Roger