Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fonchy17

GOOGLE EARTH FLIGHT SIMULATOR

G'day Fonchy, Not sure that I would like the result. Whilst the resolution looks quite good I think the colour depth/lustre is really not up to the high standards of Fly! II. :-) The water is almost black, the sky looks like a high altitude sub orbital sky and the land looks like 256 shades of olive green. Add to that the problem encountered with terrascene ( relocation/availability of data ) and it could be a lot of work for nothing.But hey!, Don't let me discourage any enterprising programmer from having a go, it might just be my crummy old CRT monitor on its last legs; or even worse my poor old failing eyes :-)Finally, what's the legal position? :-eekCheers,Roger

Guest 3cffts

I too have tried the Google Earth flight sim, but gave up after a short time having decided that FlyII with Terrascene is far better. If it was legally and practically possible, it would be great if the scenery lmage from Google Earth could be taken in black and white, and rendered into colour as Terrascene does its rendering, maybe using the Google texture and colouring as a guide to land use?. I agree that the colours in Google Earth are not very pleasing, and if you look at different satellite images in the same cockpit view, you can get very unrealistic scenery colours that really put me off using it.We can still dream though !!Brian.