Sign in to follow this  

Quick update

Ok folks,The "quick" update is that development hardware has been arranged, and should be arriving shortly. It looks like I'll have it long enough to do quite a few things, specifically bringing the Mac up to version 230 (actually, a little past that since my code base has been changing) and tackling some frame rate issues. If you ever wanted to give yourselves a pat on the back, here is your chance because it was specifically due to the constructive feedback and concerns here on the board that got the attention of some very special folks (who will go unnamed for now until I get their permission to give them public credit). Your voices ARE being heard both at the publishing and Apple corporate level, and I'm getting significant offers for help.Once I get started I'll either post updates on my progress, or provide them to Franklin and Allan to pass on to the group.Rich

Dear Richard,Thank-you very much for the update on your (voluntary) development work. Needless to say, -as ever- your dedication to Fly! and it's users is a special blessing to us all.Jeroen (EHAM)----------Fly! II 2.0.216 Mac versionOS 10.1.4,. 832 MB RAMG4/400

This Really nice RichAnd I hope the help you get is really usefull. GREAT!!! :-yellow1 Koen (EHAM)

Will there be copies of Fly! II Mac avaiable for resellers in Sweden, for example Nordic Softsales? Looks like the current versions are withdrawn due to bugs and other problems.Keep'em flyin'!Bertil PerssonESPC Fr

Great news Rich! Thanks for your prompt update ... and a BIG pat on the back to you as well for all you do for us Fly! simmers!Rich@KLEWBeige G3 233 MHz DT rev.1 G4 400 MHz NewerTech upgrade OS 9.2.2 384 MB RAM ATI Radeon Mac (PCI) Thrustmaster FCS/WCS

Hello Richreally great news, and I'm happy that at least the discussions here have some positive impact - hopefully also for your work!Just some days ago I started a thread in this forum because I had really disappointings results after installing the new ATI Radeon 8500 64 mb on my G4/400, 1GB RAM: frames rates are virtually the same as with my old ATI Rage 16mb. How is that possible!?Perhaps your new patch will help a little bit - that would be nice ..Good luck for your Mac adventure!Max

Guest jrewing

Hey Rich,Thank-you for your tireless efforts!John

Guest Allan Jones

Rich,Many, many thanks for your determined dedication and continued support of the Mac platform. And it's reassuring to know that our voices are heard "other" places beyond TRI -- thanks for sharing that with us.Remember that just about all the Mac beta testers who stuck it out to the end are still here. If there is anything we can do to help, we are ready and willing.I was having a tough day -- you just made it better!!

Guest ftessler

Rich,Thanks very much. It's good to know that my letter to the White House did some good. :)-Franklin------------------------------Franklin TesslerG4/500Fly! for Mac Forum Co-moderator

Guest Allan Jones

...so that's why you moved to Maryland, Franklin! Will all the new plane models have a "W" on the tail?

Rich,As always, thank you so much for keeping Mac users in mind. We (obviously) couldn't be happier knowing that the king of this sim is on board, and is (on his own time, mind you) taking care of his loyal subjects.I think that we'll be pretty close to what we anticipated with FLY! 2 once the 230 (and beyond, whatever that is) patch is released.We are very grateful to you for taking the time to do this...I have never seen a developer take such an interest in helping.Thanks again...Jim

Mr. H,You are tenacious indeed ;) It's great to see you doing what you luv...

A great hurrah from the French Mac users !!!!!! What if we did'nt had Rich ?

Rich,Wow, that is great news. Maybe you should run for president in 2004!Allan, don't forget me when the updates come through!!!Barry Williams