Sign in to follow this  

To Design Aircraft

Guest spenik

I am sory I can't help you, but I am glad to see some one working on construkting Fl! II aircraft.When I first found this site, I was struck by the welth of hard work that was offered hear. I saw real crafstmanship put forth to better an allready great game. I considered writing thank you notes to all the aircraft programers, but I think they are probably already suported by thier own fans. You, However as a ( relitivly ) new programer, I feal I can say that I would like to be one of our first suporters. Even if I can't help in any other way.Personally, I would sooner work in Oak then C++ any day, but diferent meadiums for diferent Craftsmen, No?And lastly, Another Mac User!!! Yea!!!!P.S. Military did you say? I think some military helicopters would be a welcomed addition! But, as allways, something is better then nothing!A quote: "Without creativity, all of your work will be repitituous"

Guest Allan Jones

Charles,Your best route is to post this question in the Fly! Developers Forum just under this one in the Fly forums list. All the heavy hitters in a/c design hang there. You might also use the forums to send a private message or e-mail to Mac_Paint. He started on a Mac and is a contributor to both the Mac and PC fourms. He's done painting--don't know if he's tried design from scratch.Most of us here don't have the experience you seek because the developer tools were not part of the original release of Fly (1/2K) for Mac, so we couldn't dive in unless we had VirtualPC to use the tools. It is still true that most of the really useful design tools are on the PC side.Don't loose the dream--we Mac guys need that drive and, eventually, you may be able to teach us.As for military planes, I like the two- and four-engine medium to heavy metal from WW2. Someone did a B25 and B29 for the original Fly! release but they had some "issues" on Macs that were never fully resolved (mostly a notable lack of engine sounds).

Hi CharlesThere are tutorials now in the ROTW site. Look at www.simvol.org,Fly section, tutorial menu. See also main forum where announcement are made.Jean

Hi Charles and others!Lack of time to be at the Mac keeps me from writing to you, but when you start mentioning the B 25 and B 29 I'm waking up! As far as I knovv they're by "Bart". (Allan, you know who he is?)I haven't seen any message from him since he mentioned trying to fix those engine sounds. Maybe you Charles can find out what's wrong. Maybe ROTW can find out, but I haven't got any answer from them either. Still, the sound add to the Staggerwing works on Mac. That's the only real radial engine sound we have.Now, I'm talking of Fly! 2K, not II. Maybe it's better on II. There's no money for an upgrade yet. I still have my och beige G3 300. I'm hoping for a future second hand upgrade. I see that you Allan has a beige 500. Must be an upgraded 300?Keep'em flyin'!Bertil PerssonESPC Fr

Guest Allan Jones

Hi Bertil! Good to hear from you."Bart" was inactive for a while but he's been posting on the Main Forum lately. I used one of the Fly 2K 3rd-party utilities to extract the aircraft files from the epd. I tried replacing the engine sounds with those from the Navaho to no avail. Finally gave up.Indeed, the old Beige received a new lease on life last August. I installed a Sonnet G3/500 ZIF upgrade. It helped everything but FlyII. Go figure! Were I to do it again, I'd opt for the G4/500 or G4/533. I'm looking for an original Radeon Mac Edition (not the 7000) to replace my ATI Orion. I suspect that would help, and is probably the last upgrade this box will get.see ya!

OK Allan! You really tried. I had the same theory. Looks like it still is an unsolved mystery. Specially as the sound of the starters and the engines stopping are there, but not the engine sound between. :-hmmmBertil PerssonESPC

Hi Guys,After reading your post on the engines problems, I decided to downloaded the B25 and B29 and see if I can throw any light on the matter. I blew the cobwebs of Fly 2k and loaded the aircraft up. Firstly I can hear All the Engine sounds whilst in the cockpit, but nothing at all from the external views. Also there is no change in throttle sound whilst in the cockpit view. ARE these the same issues you've all experienced????Anyway leave it with me and I'll take a closer look and see if I can find out whats going on.Regards JohnP.S. How are you do'in ALLAN not spoke to you for a while (been very busy)...hope your OK.

Allan:>Indeed, the old Beige received a new lease on life last>August. I installed a Sonnet G3/500 ZIF upgrade. It helped>everything but FlyII. Go figure! Were I to do it again, I'd>opt for the G4/500 or G4/533. I'm looking for an original>Radeon Mac Edition (not the 7000) to replace my ATI Orion. I>suspect that would help, and is probably the last upgrade this>box will get.>>see ya!Allan,That is odd about the G3/500 ZIF. My G4/500 ZIF in the b&w really showed a speed increase. I wonder why yours didn't. Strange. Barry