Sign in to follow this  

FS2002 add-ons for best results.

HiGreat! I turn my back for three months and my account is cancelled and no-one is allowed to talk about p*****s anymore. Strange Policies.Anyway, I think AVISM left my post on long enough for me to check the replies of those who dared to answer. Thankyou Schofi, to name but one.Anyway, I've completely lost track of FS2002, and thought I'd ask users which aircraft add-ons, payware or freeware, are currently considered to be the best. It used to be PIC 757/767, Phoenix 747 and 737 (can't remember who did that). I was also fond of Bill Rambow's DC3.After aircraft, which other add-on's would fans recommend? I'm sure there's a hotlist of files to make FS2002 really cool. Schofi actually mentioned this in his reply to my p**** question but I no longer have access to his file, unfortunately.Wow, have I really been away longer than 3 months?J

My favorites (all freeware):1)new_envo.zip by Gerrit Kranenbarg2)oceanstx.zip and oceansfx.zip by Ed Trutan (There's a convenient utility that goes with it, but I can't remember the name or author.)3)Land class updates: California by Matt Fox, Pacific Northwest by Neil Hill, and Midwest by Cas Stevens.4)Any and all runway markings by Taxiwaysigns.com5)Freeware mesh from FSGenesis.com6)ArrestorCables program and additional carriers by Rich Hogan http://www.speakeasy.org/~rhogen/arrestorcables.htmI like to use Rick Sasala's Gmax navy planes and Dino Cattaneo's F-14's.7)Ttools and AFCAD by Lee Swordy. Mike Stone's Gmax planes make excellent AI aircraft.8)Any of Gerrish Grey's replacement autogen trees.Aircraft:1)Hughes 500d by Bj

in addition to Psychophant's list, more freeware:Geof Applegate's Debonair, it's in the AVSIM lib.FS Skyworld and Cloud sets. Skyworld is a program that randomizes clouds even during flight. http://fsw.simflight.com/The site also contains replacement night textures, runway lights and even the sun and the moon!For airliners, visit http://www.avsim.com/posky/home.shtmlPayware:FSNavigator 4 navigation softwareFSMeteo, real-time weather, continuously updated as you fly.Reality XP Avionics stack including GPS.FSMaintenance, tracks condition of your aircraft from flight to flight, penalizing rough handling and allowing for realistic systems failures in badly maintained aircraft, also grades the pilot on keeping to proper routing altitudes, and even considers passenger comfort (bank angles, rough landings etc.)!Dreamfleet Piper Cherokee Archer II, they also made the 737 you mentioned, that has been made compatible with FS 2002. The same goes for 767 PIC. Phoenix 747 and 777 have not been updated but that may still happen. Anyway, they have the Airbus 319, 320, 321 series now.Both the Archer and Airbus are FS2002 specific designs.Be on the look out for Flight1 Golden Eagle Cessna 421C and FSD Piper Navajo and Seneca V.There's lots more. Best advice is to look at the various forms here and elsewhere, check out the screen shots forum etc.

Checkout my Landclass Assistant in the file library. You can use it to take advantage of FS2002's autogen, and add buildings, trees and such wherever needed in the FS2002 world (with the exception of PEI :) ).There's two files--the main setup program and a small upgrade. I'm going to add another final, upgrade in a week or two, then that will be it. I've received some pretty cool enhancement requests, but my time on what is essentially a freeware project has limited my upgrades to minor improvements. In a week or two, I'm going to start putting in some serious O.T. in my "day job", as well as several trips between Phoenix and S.F, so I'm going to freeze code and release the last upgrade "as is".Regards,JohnAuthor, Landclass Assistant

Thanks John. Sounds interesting. I understand what you mean with O.T. in the day job!!! Boy have I missed some stuff recently!!RegardsJason

"3)Fouga Magistar by Mikko Maliniemi's team (Well, anything by Mikko is excellent.)"I must correct this, I hope that I don't sound haughtyFouga Magister is my project, I put all together. I made all parts and flight dynamics. Mikko made animations, texture mapping and master textures. I added details for textures. Brahim Rhoul made panels and Mike Hamply made sounds.So Mikko has very important part in team, and he really made exellent job, as did Brahim and Mike.

If you've been away that long, see my site (URL below) Much of what will interest you can be found here.

My apologies. I just glanced at the readme and thought I picked the aircraft designer. I'll read more carefully next time, and make sure your name is on any of my lists of greatest designers. My hat's off to you.