Sign in to follow this  
Guest goodholly1

fly! II crashing on startup

I have installed fly!II on my mac, i do have adequate ram, hd space, video card ram, etc. it is running on the new Tiger OS X and evertime i try to open it it crashes on statup, anyone have any tips or tricks to get this sim running? thanks! oh yeah, i am new here, hi everyone! my husband is a pilot and i am trying to help him with this, i work at apple and this is baffling me! thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out here!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi there,.......sorry I don't know your name (Holly perhaps?)The first thing to check, is that your version is patched to the latest release. I think I remeber a while back a thread saying it crashes in Mac0S X if its not patched.The patch version you require is version 240 and can be found in the Avsim file library under: (FLYII > Patches > FlyIIPatch240.sit)The actual version is 2.50.240.Once youve download the patch........ follow the simple instructions carefully, and you should be OK. If you still have a problem once your patched up, just drop us a line again, and I'm pretty sure we'll be able get you up and running.Hope this helpsKind regardsJohn