Sign in to follow this  
Guest abrofsky

add-ons for Fly!II mac

Guest abrofsky

hello - anyone konw if there are any add-ons (scenery, planes) available for Fly!II for max on OSX.4?thanksalex

G'day Alex,I'm NOT a Mac guy but if you have Fly II working with OSX.4 then just about all the aircraft in the Fly II / Aircraft folder in the Avsim library will work for you.Browse the library and beware of repaints. Most repaints are identified as such but not all are.A few of the aircraft may be identified as PC only - this is because they contain DLL files that will not work on the MAC. Such aircraft usually have a Mac version that is without the DLL's. This simply means that the Mac version will be missing some functionality but will still be a perfectly flyable aircraft.I'm not a scenery person but I think the same should hold true for scenery. Check out the Avsim library.Cheers,Roger

Guest ftessler

I've never had great success running Fly! under OS X, particularly the more recent versions. I couldn't get it to work at all on my Intel iMac.If you have an older Mac that will boot OS 9, that may be your best bet for running Fly!. And, if you have an Intel Mac, you might consider getting the Windows version and running it under Boot Camp. (I suspect that there are still copies of the Windows version available on the net.)