Sign in to follow this  

File Manager Problems (Mac)

I am trying to extract a .pod file using the file manager. However, the dialog window does not accurately represent the current directory as it is stated at the top of the window. It simply lists the directories that it expects to be in the Fly! II folder, no matter what the current directory contains. I tried running Fly! II in both Mac OS 9.2 and Mac OS X, with similar results.

I don't know what your situation is with the directory view - maybe if you would post a screen shot so we could see what you're seeing?As for extracting a pod, I would use Podview instead of the file manager. Just open the pod with podview, select the files you wish to extract and choose extract from the file menu. The files will be extracted to the Database or Data directory, mattering on the pod type.

Randall Rocke

Note that in each picture the path at the top is different, but the contents that are displayed are not the contents of that directory. Are there any Mac utilities that perform the same as podview or winpod?

Joe,Thanks for the shots - that helps a little. I see that there is indeed a slight difference in the selection windows as compared to a PC. The PC window also includes a root directory choice at the top, though the general appearance is the same.So...I take it you are highlighting a directory, then clicking OK - you get an indication at the top that the folder has changed but you do not get its listing? Have you tried double-clicking the directory instead of using the OK button? Have you tried the bottom choice: (Change Path)? On the PC, this gives you a separate window that you can manually type the path into.If none of this works, I would post on this in the Mac forum - someone should be able to help you.

Randall Rocke