Sign in to follow this  

No difference after Terrascene? Map now screwed up?

Well, I just ran Terrascene 2.1 for the first time. Easy as pie, though this is actually my second time since the first time I tried a 50 mile radius and ran out of space!Anyway, I did 10 mile radius around my home airport. Looks like it worked flawlessly - and the "10 mile VAY" data, as I named it, appeared in the Fly! II scenery directory.However, I saw no noticeable difference, except there was a beacon next to (actually, on) the runway, which is no longer there, and though I sure seemed to be on the runway, the vector map showed me a mile or two off.Upon flying around, I saw no new terrain features.Any thoughts?Andrew

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Andrew,Is there also a VAY.scf in the scenery directory besides the VAY.pod? That should be the case. You mention VAY dat, but I assume it is a VAY.pod file. And did you delete the data files that were created in the process (Dxxxyyy folders in Fly! IIdata directory)? If you have a proper pod file there is no need anymore for these data files. Using a pod file speed up the access time. However, beware not to delete data files that have nothing to do with your newly generated scenery. With the information you provide I cannot help more. I will be out of town during the next few days, but I am sure somebody else will be able to help when the problems are not solved yet. Otherwise, I will check again in a couple of days.Best regards,Henri

Thank you Henri - I will check these things and report back.Andrew>Andrew, >>Is there also a VAY.scf in the scenery directory besides the >VAY.pod? That should be the case. You mention VAY dat, but I >assume it is a VAY.pod file. And did you delete the data >files that were created in the process (Dxxxyyy folders in >Fly! IIdata directory)? If you have a proper pod file there >is no need anymore for these data files. Using a pod file >speed up the access time. However, beware not to delete data >files that have nothing to do with your newly generated >scenery. >>With the information you provide I cannot help more. I will >be out of town during the next few days, but I am sure >somebody else will be able to help when the problems are not >solved yet. Otherwise, I will check again in a couple of >days. >>Best regards, >>Henri

OK - Yes, there is a .scf - though no file extension shows up. The .pod file is also there.I deleted the file folders in the /data directory - only one folder had a capital "D" but all folders (about 7) contained files created on that same day, so I deleted them.Restarted, and the program worked fine, but the scenery was the same.Again, the map was accurate but the vector map was off. I don't know if this is always the case or if it was this way before I ran Terrascene, and I haven't tried airports outside the Terrascened areas.Andrew