Sign in to follow this  

Fly! personal custom network

Hi,I sent FlyNet v0.0 to the avsim Fly!II development library.It's a good (?) example of code using a blocking sockets class from Lee Patterson.I hope this example will be followed by adjustments and applications...Cheers,LaurentC

Guest Mgarmy

Laurent,Does this means that with FlyNet we can start thinking about external applications that can communicate with Fly! during a flight?This may open the door to many utilities susch as GPS, FMS and whatever you see in the FS world developed for Fly running on another computer(s)Would appreciate your input.Mannie

Hi Mannie,I just posted a complete example of application between client and server : the door is open for many applications I hope !I included raw codes for developpers.RegardsLaurent

Guest Mgarmy

Laurent,I will download it right away and have a look.Cheers,Mannie

Hi Laurent -The virtual airline that I'm with has developed an ACARS (Aircraft Communications and Reporting System) client that works with MSFS to report OUT/OFF/ON/IN times and fuel quantities to our server so that we can better manage flight planning. We're devloping an increasingly large Fly! pilot base, and so we're interested in adapting the ACARS client to the Fly! simulator. I hope to learn enough from your application to begin this process; otherwise, I'd like to contact you in the future if we run into problems - I hope that would be OK with you. Thanks for sharing the source code!-Darren

Darren-pls. get in touch with me via private e-mail.I might be able to provide this for the PMDG 777 and 757.Regards,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

I'm assuming your code/SDK is written in C/C++. Is that correct? Just a side question here: As an experienced Java developer, I've noticed that many of the Fly!II utilities we use are written in Java (Terrascene, Texture Enhancer, and others). Have any developers out there thought of the practicalities/impracticalities of using Java for Fly! II development? I haven't thought too much about it, but is there a chance of creating apps that integrate w/ Fly! II's SDK w/ Java? I've thought about writing a utility that simplifies editing many of the configuration files associated w/ creating and modifying aircraft -- in Java. I'd like to develop a way to drive configuration & file manipulation using a combination of Java and XML. Just wondered if anyone else has thoughts on this. My question is not to start a discussion comparing Java to other languages...but stems from the fact that I know Java quite well but don't have experience with C/C++.Dan LarsonJava/Web Developer