Sign in to follow this  
Guest Colins2

TerraShape (Beta) is available.....

Guest Colins2

Hi All,I've just uploaded the first Beta of TerraShape to my site.In case you missed the first post the other day, it is basically a shapefile->dxf->shapefile translator.This allows editing in the dxf stage.There are no special requirements to run it - nor is there an install program - yet :-)It *should* run on any platform, no special libraries are needed other than the 2 it ships with.The zip contains the manual, so you don't need that as well.Hope you find it usefulColinMy Site

Guest Mgarmy

Oh yes it will. I have already done a large part of the Netherlands and I am waiting for Colin to look at some of the issue's I encountered during the testing. Mannie

ColinYour new utility is fantastic-just been reading through the manual and it's a great help in sorting out that ESRI shapefile data and it was a wonderful idea to let us get into editing the 'basic' shapefiles to produce more useable scenery without having to have very expensive software. Well done.Now to get my UK 'photo-realistic' scenery to 'blend in' with a suitable Terrascene tile!DaveT

Guest Colins2

There will be an updated .exe on my site tonight.This fixes some 'anomalies' in the dxf output from AutoSketch and TurboCAD.Also you can define your shapefile directory (to save aching mouse fingers :-)).Colin

ColinI've at last been able to produce a Terrascene Globe Tile with the Fly!2 runways shown on it thanks to TerraShape. I gave the Runway.dxf file 'a colour mapping' and imported it into a new Terrascene Tile(made with shapefiles).I hope this may help in placing the 'photo-realstic' scenery I've created.Anyway of course the 'runway's' produced exactly lined up with the existing Fly!2 ones when the Terrascene was podded-well after all you used the Fly! database to produce the dxf file data.Thanks for that.I wish the Terrascene TGA's in 24bit weren't so 'memory hungery' when imported into PSP7 or PhotoShop. I'm still trying to find a way to sit my 208Mb aerial 'ontop' of the similar Terrascene Tile.My 384Meg memory just isn't enough.DaveT

Guest Colins2

Hi Dave,Glad it helped:-)I'm still adding functions and I post updates on my site.Colin