Sign in to follow this  

To Randall,Didier or anyone else

I just want to know if someone has succeed changing AI traffic pattern change using voledit in Fly2., I'm been trying but nothing happen maybe I'm doing something wrong can someone direct me how to do it step by step.tksCesar

Cesar,The only thing that I can find for control of the pattern is the field value Runway Traffic Pattern in the RUNWAY.DBD file. I would think that this would control the pattern of AI aircraft, but it might not. There are a number of fields in the database that are just informational at this time - they don't appear to have any affect on performance (such as Frame Service, Engine Service, Oxygen, etc.)To change the attribute for this field, you would locate the airport in the RUNWAY.DBD after opening it from the POD using Vol!Edit. Open the runway record for which you want to change the pattern. Click in the Pattern field and enter 76 for Left or 82 for right. Click the Close button to mark the record as edited. Unselect All (disregard the warning). There should still be an "X" in the Change column of the runway you changed. Mark that row for Export by clicking in the Export column.Go to the Dex Files drop-down menu and select Export Selection (DEX). Save it so you'll recognize it - maybe PATTERN.DEX. Locate the DEX file in Fly! IIData - move or copy it to the root directory of Fly!II. Run DexImport on it, then start Fly!II and go check out the pattern. If it doesn't work, let me know.

Randall Rocke

Dear RandallTks again for your reply,I did it as you explained, I was just checking if my understanding with voledit was correct.After running Deximport a Database folder is created in fly2 and 3 files are inside,.dbd/.dbi/.dbt do I have to repoding those file?, because I did it to create a new runway.pod with new changes, it is the correct way to proceed?After that I checked the pattern and it doesn't work.I didn't know that just to run the deximport is enough to make all changes in fly2.your comment will be appreciatergdsCesar

Cesar,Though you could unpod a database pod, edit the DBD, replace the DBD with the edited version, then use the Fly!II file manager to repod and reindex to produce a new pod, that is totally unnecessary (and rather difficult).Just use Vol!Edit to open the DBD, make your changes or additions and make a DEX for importing. The DEX is all you need. When you run DexImport, a new pod is not created...the original pod is opened, your new lines are added to the DBD, the records are indexed, then all the files repodded. All of this takes place in just a few seconds. :-) Though a Database folder exists in Fly!, a new one is not created. The original pod in the System folder is where all this work takes place.I have copies of all of the database pods in a folder which I call Working. When I edit the databases, I open the DBDs in the working copies, not the original pods. I also have backup copies of the original pods and the current pods to protect myself from any problems or data loss.

Randall Rocke

Randall,Your right, podding is kind a difficult. Again Thank you very much for your assistant, now more clear with voledit and fly database.Just one question:Have you try to change the pattern from 76l to 82R in fly2 lately.rgdsCesar

Cesar,To be honest, I have not. I'm testing a lot of airports and approaches and need my frame-rates as high as possible, so I have AI aircraft turned off right now to aid performance.

Randall Rocke

Noted, I'll continue to try.tksCesar