Sign in to follow this  
dkohl

Request for KSEA and KSJC - Models

Two airports I'm in and out of frequently aren't modeled in Fly!2. Anyone with TerraModels skills willing to take on a project for the benefit of the community?-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest Eagle

If all you are looking for is scenery I can help you. If you want more you will have to rattle some other persons cage!!Take care DK.Keep FLYing

Just airport models. I have the ground scenery - created in TerraScene.BTW: KSEA is already in the library. Just KSJC is remaining.-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest Eagle

Hi David - both airports are in the library. Are you going to upload the ground scenery?Keep FLYing

Thanks Eagle for the TM's. I've downloaded both new airports, but haven't had a chance to Fly them yet. Will probably get on my PC tonight or if not, over the weekend.On the ground scenery, I wasn't planning on uploading ground PODs since they are huge and anyone can easily create either area on his/her own with TerraScene. I uploaded my first "TerraScene Pack" yesterday for Grand Canyon, where I did some work on the texture selection to make it more realistic. But for Seattle and San Jose, I've used the default settings and it seems to look pretty realistic.If I "tweak" either set of render options to get a better looking set of ground tiles, I'll post them, but Todd's defaults work pretty well for urban and suburban areas, in my opinion.-DK---David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

On approach last night, I noticed you created what appears to be a set of parking lots just to the East of KSEA. Only problem is that the ground appears to flash on and off as I approach. I think this has something to do with Z-Buffering that will be enabled in a future release of Fly!2, but in v230 is not operating properly. I've noticed this same problem at other airports where modelers have created flat horizontal areas.Does this occur on your PC? Do you know how to "turn off" this flashing, even if it means eliminating the horizontal flat textures?-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest Eagle

I have flown into KSEA several times and have not experienced that problem.I am going to fly into there again this evening. Perhaps it only occurs when landing on a certain runway?I can eliminate the parking lots to the east and see if that cures the problem.Keep FLYing

I was approaching 16R from CYVR.-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest Eagle

That is indeed interesting. I landed on 16R this evening 9:12 PST and did not notice any problems.Perhaps others in the forum will let us know their experience with KSEA. Start another post with the problem you are having and lets see what happens.I can always change the scenery - just need to know the exact problem.Keep FLYing

Hi David,To add the No-Zbuffer option, you need to edit your scenery files in the DATA directory.For each flat object, edit the section labeled 'gestalt flags'.You can use the value 2162949. This value snaps the object to the ground, and adds the no-zBuffer support. ---- gestalt flags ----2162949Biber biber's fly2 scenery & models FAQ][/b