Sign in to follow this  

Flattening Terrascene?

I have a quick question about flattening Terrascene generated scenery w/ the Flattenator. I'm assuming I can use the trn files that Terrascene generates as input for Flattenator. My problem is that each time I try and retrieve the global and ground tiles, Flattenator throws a runtime exception and crashes. Anyone else had that experience? I've tried it in Windows 2000 and XP, but no luck on either.I'd love any ideas you guys have, because I don't want to give up on my project! The airport I've added appears properly, but Terrascene has created a ramp up to the airport, when in reality, the airport is supposed to slope down from 925 ft to 878 ft. I'm hoping that flattening will fix the problem, although I'm not sure if Fly! II can render a sloped runway.Thanks!Dan Larson37CL Project - Southern California

You might want to try editing the TRN files at some point. I have often found the method posted last summer (Jul-07-01) by Forkboy2 (Matt) most useful. I would post the link if I knew how-I'm still a neophyte wrt the forums. However, you can find it easily by searching the archived Fly! Scenery and Terrascene Forum using the keyword WARNING, which is the word that begins the message. The method described does pertain to Fly2. Actually, I haven't had to flatten any airports since the new ver of Terrascene came out (I know your situation is different). I find the manual method also works well for flattening rivers if the grid is tight enough! At any rate, airports are far less tedious to flatten manually than rivers.

Er, I meant to say I haven't flattened any airports since the Fly2 230 path was issued. Sorry about that.:-eek

Matt-you can use the "Advanced" editor of Flattenator Deluxe to do that. However, your Terrascene'd tile should be of "4x4" detail, otherwise the Advanced Editor won't work. It involves a little bit of trial and error, but the instructions at Ken's site are pretty good.Lefteris

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg