Sign in to follow this  

Terramodels Problem

I'm having problems packaging TM22 sceneries...I end up with a ton of models in my MODELS folder, and they should go into the POD...these are the buildings themselves, created with TM22. Obviously, other people have cracked the code on this, so is there something I'm not getting?

Guest Eagle

When creating scenery with Terramodels I also end up with a ton of models in the Models directory. I don't know if there is a way to correct this.I know that this does not help, but I wanted you to know that I also have this problem.Keep FLYing

After you have successfully created your POD file, just delete the unwanted files in the MODELS folder. I would back them up somewhere first, just in case.If you are having a problem create a POD file. Then you should select "Create POD Response File Only". After the response file is created, then build your POD with "Create POD and SCF Files" or "Package Scenery For Uploading"http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d21baa733303b01.jpgAllen

Allen,I've done all that...well, I didn't end up deleting all my models, thankfully...the problem is that these models are referenced by the POD file when the scenery runs. Beta testers I've sent my scenery to tell me the sceneries don't work and call for those models. So....the problem is that the models aren't making it into the final POD.

Kurt,1. Do you see the models listed in the response file that is created? 2. If the models are listed, have you tried creating a POD from within FLY!2?

Jim,I think I've got it nailed. I didn't understand the function of the response file...now I understand that you have to build the response file every time you add models to be podded.

Guest jjlobo

Kurt KalbfleischI've experiencing problems like this. I've discovered that some models (not included in the Terramodels installation) used within Terramodels are not included in the response file created and not poded. When you distribute your scenery Fly! II crashes looking for those files in the Art and Model directories.For this reason I've create a Quality Assurance procedure to test my sceneries before uploading them. I hope the following can help you.1. Before I start a new project, I clear all files within Art and Model directories. But Take care if you have your own (or downloaded) 3D models. Before doing so, do the following:- Pod all of your 3D models and save it in the Sceneryshared directory.- Check the Pod file to be sure all your 3D models are in it- Create a my3d.mlf file in the data directory (follow the structure in the factory.mlf). This will make your 3D models available for Terramodels.- Backup your Art and Model directories (safety purposes)- Delete all files within Art and Model directories2. Work in the creation of your new scenery and test it as you have been doing.3. When you think you are done, ask Terramodels to create the response file only.4. Then ask Terramodels to create the upload zipped file.5. Extract the .pod file within the zip file into your scenery directory (better in sceneryshared).6. Delete all files within Art and Model directories. Bacup them first. I suggest you zip all your files in Art and Model directories.7. Test your scenery. If you have Fly! II crashing, take notes of the file name in the crash message.8. Check your Fly! IIyoursceneryname.RSP file. If the file making Fly! II crash is not there, include the necessary files in the .RSP. Take care you need to include one line for Art directory and other to Model. Follow the standard in the .RSP file.9. Unpod your .pod having the files back in the following directory:- Art- Model- Data10. Recover the required files (not poded by Terramodels) from your zipped files (from Art and Model) within the respective directory.11. Run the Makepod.exe with your updated .RSP file. Then you'll have a new POD file with all required files. It can happen that you have more than one missing file and it will be tough to repeat all these 5-11 steps. But it is one way. You can also be sure you have all needed files in your .RSP file by checking each file within your datannnnn*.s11 files. There you can get all the files your POD will require. It is also a tough, but will reduce the time spent making Fly! II crash until you have fixed all problems.Regards___ JJLobo ___55 11 37268158