Sign in to follow this  

Controlling AI traffic using python

Hi all, I would like to know if it is possible to take control of the AI traffic in Fly!II using python language. My intention is to try to make ATC in Fly!II like in MSFS2002 (that is much better than Fly!II).I tried MS2002 and I saw that ATC and AI traffic is fantastic (compared to Fly!II).Is it possible to do in Fly!II ?Thanks allPaulo Moreira(e1010677@dee.isep.ipp.pt)

My question to everyone who's ever wanted to do such a thing is:Why?There's a utility called "Squawkbox" which allows ONLINE LIVE multiplayer activity. No more "computer" robot pilots flying around - instead, you fly with real active people, and you are CONTROLLED by live ATC!Give it a try!

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Yeah, I know that,But since here in Portugal we still have to pay too much to get connected to the internet, we need to fly with AI traffic.thanks anyway

Also here in Venezuela is very expensive, Paulo pls go ahead, I can be your beta tester if you need one.rgdsCesar/Venezuela

Hi Paulo......Ive suggested the very same thing awhile back, but got no responce at all, so i can't tell you if its possible, However if your thinking of having a go (and many of us hope you do), I would suggest forgetting about the exsisting A1 aircraft and ATC and Starting your own sequence based on ONE airport.If you write make a programme/script that makes aircraft taxi to specific gates/places, take-off, circle/pattern and land (Specifically at ONE airport) this would go along way to making FLY's Airport environment more realisticGood LuckRegards JohnP.S Ive attached a Graphic which hopefully shows you what I mean.

Guest Josve

It's all the same here up north....internet access are expencive as you pay about over a dollar pr hour if you not have broadband as I :)That means the online flying is limited.Myselves I use as Lefteris mentioned SB a lot,but mostly I fly alone or on the MP server.So having some AI traffic would be great for all who don't have unlimited access to the internet.So I say GO FOR IT!!!Johnny"I'LL BE BACK"[div align=center]http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/josve/fly2/vas.gif][/div

Guest tonyc

You have it already. It's called C4TO and it's in the library. If you could convince the author to make it open source , you could perhaps add more features.tony

Yes, I know, I have to start from the begining and forget the dynamic that FLY!II uses.I'm thinking in making a script to translate the position from and to the simulator of the AI aircraft, and doing a program outside Fly!II to manage the traffic and the sound of ATC. I'm thinking in making the program in Visual C++.Paulo Moreirae1010677@dee.isep.ipp.pt

Hi PauloI'm been reading the flyscript tutorial and python tutorial for non programers, I have the same idea like you so if you need help pls let me know we can work together, athought my skill in program is almost nil.rgdsCesar Cedraroyv52@yahoo.com

Hi Guys,Just hoping you guys can get your heads together.........and produce a good FLYII addition.Good LuckJohn

Tks JhonThis is basically my idea in my Country's main airport:-727-> Appears at the beginning of the scenery, takes off and then after several minutes lands again, then it holds for about 15 minutes at the gate and takes off again. It is suppossed to do that all the time. -Dc9-> Does the same as the 727, but when the last one takes off, this one lands and viceversa. They use the same gate and are programmed so that when one is leaving , the other one is arriving.-757-> This one appears at the beginnig of the scenery. I takes off after the 727, and disappear forever.-747> Lands after the 757 takesoff, and holds at the gate for about 15 min. Then it takes off and disappear forever.-777->Lands just before the 757 pushback, and stays parked forever. -A second B777->Lands after the 747 leaves. It parkes and stay there forever. If we can do it somthing like this like a flyscript adventure, this will be great addon for Fly.rgdsCesar

Guest dajackman

Sounds like a cool idea to me!!

Cesar,I do hope you're able to get your idea into something concrete. It would be great if I could see some of the repaints I've done populating the Airports that I Fly! into. I've wondered why we cannot use any of the aircraft in our inventory to just park at gates. Since they would just be used as extras without the need to 'get into' the cockpits, I'd hope that the system side of them would not be needed as they are when we Fly! them. I do supose this is simplistic reasoning on my part and the planes as modeled still need all of the systems for Fly! to render them. Would be grand if we could enjoy near the same level of airport activity that FS2K2 now enjoys.Good luck on your project,Pete

Hi PicasoTks for your comment, I'm been reading and do some practice with Python, it take sometime due to my poor knowledge of program but I'm continue trying, if I get something you will know.best rgdsCesar