Sign in to follow this  
dkohl

Any way to create TGAs from PODs?

I used Fly!2K up until 9 months ago and left behind lots of photo-based ground scenery. I also noted several beautiful landscapes posted to the screenshots forum.Is there a way to take a Fly!2K EPD file and somehow "reverse slice" the textures to create day and night TGA files? With these files, one could re-pod them for Fly!2 using either TerraScene or the Fly!2 scenery editor.-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest ben_

DavidThis is not exactly what you asked, but I have seen this Fly2k TGA file in the library which with your Terrascene skills might produce some nice Fly2 scenery?Do it Yourself Fly II Mannheim Scenery File Description:This is the tga-file that I have used to create the Fly2K Baden-Mannheim scenery. Though I do not use Fly II, there are others who do enjoy it. For them, this tga may help to enjoy flying in Germany even more. The lat/long positions of the tga are in the Mannheim.txt. The attached DEX-files contain the corrected runway positions for EDFM and ETIE. This is freeware with only one condition attached: If you successfully import it into Fly II, please post a screen shot since I would like to see how it looks in Fly II. Sattelite images for Mannheim/Ludwigshafen and Heidelberg are from the Software D-Sat 3; © 2001 TravelTainment AG Aachen; distributed by Buhl Data Service GmbH. (MR)Filename: badenmannheim.zip License: Check within download Added: 13th August 2001 Downloads: 346 Author: Michael Klein Size: 87800kb Ben.

Unfortunately, this isn't exactly what I'm looking for. I've successfully imported TGA files to Fly!2 already (I've done this with some "do-it-yourself" files for Netherlands and Italy) although haven't tried Mannheim yet). I'm looking to do the reverse - take completed scenery that is currently in a Fly!2K EPD, unpod it, and then create a TGA from the textures.-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v29.42, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

David,If I recall correctly, there was a utility created for Fly!2K to do just that - view the image from the pod file info (which I'm guessing could then be converted and/or saved). Check the early Fly! utils in the file library.

Randall Rocke

Guys,I seem to remember using this utility a long time ago. It worked - but if I remember correctly, the image size is a trimmed down version of the image created by TS. (TS creates slightly larger than needed.) I think you will have to add extra pixels around the re-assembled image before you try to slice again.Can anyone confirm this before David goes to a lot of extra work?Ron A

Hi David,The tool you looking for is Larry Jones