Sign in to follow this  

Scenery Texture Selection

I'd like to be able to change the texture of specific taxiways and polygons between concrete and asphalt. I know I can do it with runways but it is possible to do so on taxiways as well? Peter Jacboson's nifty little app sadly doesn't support these features. Any manual way of doing it?-Matt

Matt,There is probably a way to change the texture for all the taxiways at once, but not for individual taxiways. If you don't like the current textures, I believe someone actually did this when Fly!II first came out and posted a new texture set for taxiways in the file library - my neighbor downloaded it and loved it. You can probably find the file with a little searching. Once you obtain it, you might want to contact the author to see how he did it if you want to "brew your own".As far as changing the textures between the taxiways and runways, Colin has made that fairly easy with his Terrashape program, available here: http://avsim.com/hangar/fly/colins2/

Randall Rocke

Well that is a good start, I wanted to the change to be specifically for this airport, nothing else. I'd like to match as much of the airport look and feel like the real thing (hence also my postings on ground markings and such). In MSFS I could select textures for specific polygons and taxiways and I was wondering if I could do the same here. I'm going to check out that Terrashape program and see what it does.Thanks for the info,-Matt

Matt,TerraShape is designed to work with TerraScene in that it allows you to create temporary shapefiles to superimpose an airport over image files, or create custom shapefiles to which you can then assign TS textures (or create your own and add them to TS). There is really no limit to what you can do with this.

Randall Rocke

I've been reading over the manual for TerraShape and I felt my eyes ready to fly out of their sockets. It looks like a fantastic application but my level of understanding is not there yet to mess with it. Plus I'm really lazy ;) - I wish there was a more automated way of doing this but there is alot of work involved.Thanks anyway,-Matt