Sign in to follow this  

Database Editor Data Types

I've been using the built-in DB editor for all my internal editing. Some fields for some reason do not allow user import and often show a 0x0 as part of the description. Can I use the DB editor to change these values or do I need something else.I would like to point out before you suggest it that Vol!Edit 1.13 has been giving me serious problems.-Matt

Matt,What fields in which DB are causing you difficulty?As far as Vol!Edit is concerned, I have no problems with it and will never go back to the DB Editor, though I am still using version 1.12 (I believe this version is still available in the file library). The main difference with 1.13 is 1.13 has a minor update to allow for entering larger intergers for some fields.

Randall Rocke

I'd like to change the closed/open state of a runway, and when I attempted to edit the value, the DB editor will not respond to any keystrokes, as if its a locked value.Vol!Edit has thrown several exceptions at me and locks up frequently, I can't understand why its been around for quite awhile.-Matt

Matt,All I've ever done with that value is change it from 0 to 1 to close the runway. It's always worked great for me in Vol!Edit. Have you closed all other programs (TSR and background, etc.) before running Vol!Edit? It almost sounds like you have some type of proprietary conflict with one of your programs.If using Vol!Edit is not viable for you, I'll make one of our DB Editor officianados aware of your problem and point him your direction.

Randall Rocke

I tried Vol!Edit again and it appeared to be working, I was able to export my changes, or I think I exported my changes to a .DEX file, at this time though I haven't picked up DEXImport yet so I'll let you if it works not.Thanks for the great help,-Matt

Randall,Everything seems to be working fine, the .DEX import worked well and I think Vol!Edit has decided to cooperate all of the sudden. Anwyays I was able to change the runway state as I wanted and the changes were appropriately reflected inside Fly!-Matt