Sign in to follow this  

Help me in panel conversion - Giorgio Gnesda

Dearest,I took some problems in front panel conversion: - Some friends gave me two panels (PBM,ACT files) and when I tried to convert, everytools said me "it waited 678 bytes from ACT files an not 772 bytes!! - I am doing a plane front panel ( BMP 256 colors converted in PBM.&ACT files with FLY Graphic Tool ). When I designed my panel I maked glass areas in black (0,0,0) to getting trasparecies. OK After conversion I took an image with a lot of trasparencies where I don't want, and after several tests, many time I took not trasparent area where I painted in black (0,0,0)!!!!!Is there somebody who helps me to solve this problem?Thank you so much for you attention and a dear regardGiorgio Gnesdasportdesign@libero.itdc9alitalia@yahoo.it

Hi Giorgio,Are you saying that your image(Pbm) is NOT displaying your Transparent areas.If this is so.................CHECK that your very first color in your color table is 100% black (0,0,0,)regards John

Dear John,The first problem is I take several wrong trasparencies where I don't want!!But my original BMP is ok, with pure Black areas (0,0,0) for glasses.This is the strange problem John!!CiaoGiorgio

giorgio, little off topic, but could you tell me how you re-poded the panel file? i have edited one of my panels to add a center post, but i dont know how to get the new panel into my aircraft .pod....think you could help me out? please?!thanks!!! :)anthonyps. just an idea (since i am a beginer at this panel stuff) none of the black is "bleeding through". what i mean is that there is not a hole in the panel art where the black is showing through is there? could that be your problem?

Hi Giorgio,I have no knowledge about panels, but what i found out building sceneries for fly!! is:In sceneries (.OPA - Files) not the color is important for transparencies. Its the position of the color in the .ACT file. The first color is completle transparent, the last one completely opaque. All in in between are a litle less transparent, starting with the 2nd color to the last but one.I use a drawing program (which was supported with my digital camera), which enables me to use the first color for all areas i want to have transparent and the last, for all opaque areas. It does not matter, if the first color is red, black, blue or whatever.Maybe this helps.Harald

Guest Jan

Hello.When I pod aircraft files I open EPD explorer,click file,clicknew.In the opened window you search for the folder you want to pod.When you have located it,click one (1) time on it.(Highlite it) andclick Open.Then click OK,or change the name if you like.Now you willsee all the folders that will be put into your Pod.Then click File again,then Save as.In the new window you can select where you want the Pod to be saved,and the name for the Pod.And very important:After the name,you MUST write a dot and epd,like: Your name Pod.epd,or Skyhawk.epd If not it will not work.Then locate your Pod and copyit to the Aircraft folder if you didn't save it there in the firstplace.Hope it helps. :)Jan