Sign in to follow this  

Basic Textures

I am sure this is something very basic, and I am sure it is laid out clearly - - - somepalce. But, I am having a heck of a time here.I am new to TerraScene. I tried rendering a scene last night and recieved a number of error msg's asking for textures that should be located in the texturesbaseWhat am I missing?What am I doing wrong?If any kind sould would help me I would be very happy.Thank you in advance,Randy Sharp

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have read through all of the documentation again.I have also searched the site here. The closest I can come is something that states:"You must also download and install the main texture pack (hitw-*)from How in the World? after installing TerraScene 2 and before running it."However, an advanced search of the files area does not give me a basic textures pak. I did find the winter pak though (looks cool!)I have looked on the HITW site and it brings me back to this site....Please helpDazed and Confused.Randy

Randy,The original TS used a texture pack created by HITW (How in the World). This is no longer available (HITW pulled it). To make up for this loss, Todd Klaus setup TS 2.1 to import and create a new basic texture set from your Fly!II Build 230 installation. TS then renders your scenery from this 7.5 meters/pixel texture pack. For all of this to work properly, you need to have done the following:1. Upgrade Fly!II to Build 230.2. Install TS 2.1, following the instructions on extracting textures from your Fly!II installation.3. Choose Base Fly!2 Generic Textures (7.5 m/p) from the Render Pak menu. If you didn't do this when you created your projects, go to Options, Load Render Options... menu and select it, then resave your project and render. If this choice isn't there, then TS wasn't installed properly. Go to Project, Integrate with Fly!... and extract the missing textures.