Sign in to follow this  
Guest roland_lfor

VisualC++ and Fly!II debugging screen

Hi,I'd like to find a solution for trace debugging between VisualC++ and Fly!II :When the code execution stop on a defined breakpoint, then the Fly!II screen freeze and I can't switch back to the Visual screen. So I have to kill Visual or stop the execution with keyboard shortcuts !Does someone have a solution for this, without using a remote computer of course :-))Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Roland-you will not like my answer...There are 2 ways out of this:a) In theory, you can have Fly!2 run in Window Mode. Paul Russell allowed this to happen, but unfortunately, it doesn't work in our regular "release" executables. You can request a "debug" version of the Fly!2 executable from TRI, but this is next to impossible to achieve...:( You buy a second, cheap, PCI VGA card (there are plenty around), with a second, cheap, 15 inch screen. Then, you can run your debugger on the second monitor and debug to your heart's extent. This is what we, at PMDG, ended up doing, for simplicity's sake. (You will like this, because it allows you to move your "other sim's" gauges from the primary to the secondary monitor and fly easily that way, as well).Oh well.Cheers,

In fact I have a laptop and it supports 2 output screens through the GeForce2 Go board (and nView software).I have a second analog screen connected but, even in "clone" mode or "horizontal extended" mode, once Fly! is running the secondary screen is shut down.How can I manage that problem ?Is my configuration so different that your twice graphic board system ?

Yes, it is...it has to be a second graphics card... unfortunately.I'd suggest you do this on a regular desktop PC.Cheers,

Ok, bad news for meThe other solution is to use a remote computer. It's working well with Visual 6. But I need a second computer in the same way :-(Thanks for your help.And congratulations for the 757-200 which is really great (my christmas gift !)