Sign in to follow this  

TS2 texture strangeness.....Newbie question

Hello all,I am new to Terrascene and have a question.When I get the program loaded and going, I am getting an error that it cannot find certain textures (jpeg format). I installed v1 of ts and noticed that there are a number of textures in there. However, many of the textures it is requesting have "TS2" in the filename. I have looked high and low for any sort of download - with no luck.I also notice a program called "podview.exe" which, from what I can gather from various docuemtns and stuff, is that it should allow me to view and extract files from a .pod however, when ever I try to load a pod in to the program it either hangs or crashes. Any hints?I must also say that I am using the output from TS for use in some personal animation generated by a number of different programs. I am not using it for Fly and/or FlyII. I did use TS a while back, but had a system crash and had to completely rebuild my system. I am just now getting back to TS now.I hope in using TS in this fashion I am not violating the end user licenses agreement. I really, really like it, and I am sure there are many people in my line of work that hjappily *pay* for a being able to use it in this way.Thank you in advance, and I am very sorry about the length of this post.-Randy Sharp

Randy,To use the new textures, TerraScene 2.1 requires that you own Fly! II and have it installed at the time you install TerraScene. The TerraScene install program then "extracts" the 7.5 meter/pixel generic texture set from the Fly! II default textures. You can, of course, make your own texture sets. The textures that are mentioned in some of the earlier manuals refer to texture packs from HITW that are "long gone". Those packs are no longer available anywhere, though if you were fortunate enough to download them when Fly! and Fly!2K were still the norm, then you are allowed to use them within their license, though they are of the old resolution of 15 m/p. As long as you have not violated the user agreement that is included with TS (or HITW!), you have no problem.Podview allows you to view and extract all the files in a pod (form EPD or POD). The Podview I am familiar with is included with Fly! 2K and Fly!II in the Tools folder, and will allow you access to the pods.

Randall Rocke

Ah! Good news. I think I will get Fly!II then.Is there a place to purchase it online? I would like a decent flight sim anyway :)Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question(s).It is nice to see there is a supportive/active community willing to help, even the newbies!-Randy