Sign in to follow this  
Guest Colins2

New build of TerraShape

Hi AllThere is a new build of TerraShape on my site now.This build adds the capability to extract the default coastline to a dxf line file.The purpose of this function is to allow the creation of a ponetp-style file. If the default coastline is good (as in most cases) or has been edited to make it good, then by using the extracted coastline polyline file you will mirror the underlying scenery exactly.This will be especially useful when TerraScening areas such as Jeck's modified Loire valley :)ColinMy Hangar Site

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Colin,Great job! This utility becomes more and more complete - I use it often for creating other rivers forgotten by TRI.I have a question: I just finished creating the Rh

Hi Jeck,Glad you like it :)I guess you mean what we call contour lines in English.I could try to display them in a dxf file, but are you talking about the default Fly! elevations, or data from elsewhere?There would certainly be differences in the data and I can't yet see a way to import data like that.Fly!'s elevations are on a strict grid system, rather than as in real life. The default grid (I think) is just the corner points of each ground tile. Fly! will accept a maximum of a 9 x 9 grid for each ground tile. That density can be used when rendering / slicing.There are utilities for creating contour lines from dem data but I haven't looked seriously into them yet.Colin

G'day Colin,Excellent work mate. I sure could have done with the new feature. I've just finished a hand made ponetp coastline shapefile for YSSY ( all 15,000 odd vertices done by hand with much TLC. :-) ).Will this new build be compatible with with the previous build. I have a ten layer *.dxf file that is about 3/4 finished and wonder if I can use it with the new build terrashape or must I continue using the old Terrashape??Thanks for Terrashape. Those of us outside the USA would be lost without it.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

G'day RogerThe new build is fully compatable with the last one.I have noticed one thing, though, I got the same crash as last time.I will have to compile it un-optimised again. It only happens in the shapefile->dxf routine, but as that was one of the first I made, I can't see the problem.I'll try and get a new build on my site later today.CheersColin**Edit**OK, It's there now, 09:45 BST 18/05/03It's the same version number.