Sign in to follow this  

Create a new TerraModels border object?

I'm wondering how to produce an object Terramodels can place as a border, the same way fences are done.For airports with forest areas around the boundary, it would be nice to make a "fence" out of trees. You could have a realistic-looking forest edge with few polygons.In pro sims by FlightSafety, forests are made like buildings, with tree images for walls and roofs. Forests of individual tree models are used for helicopter/military low-level sims requiring maneuvers between trees and hovering.I'd be happy just to produce 2D forest treelines like fences, without worrying about 3D construction with roofs. Just don't know how long Terramodels expects a fence segment to be, or how it creates fences. Any info available?Thanks,EricP.S. I could imagine that bush airstrips would benefit from 3D forest blocks, where there's a swath cut out of dense tall trees for a PA-19 to drop in!

G'day Eric,I don't quite see what your problem is? If you just want a line of trees then terramodels allows you to do this with by just clicking the mouse and a tree is instantly planted. It seems a lot of effort to go to creating a fence of trees to do the same thing that you can do with a mouse. Also using the mouse ensures the line is not dead straight (no tree line is) and the spacing is non uniform so you don't end up with a pattern to contend with.I've done tree lines along creeks and paddocks just clicking the mouse and the results were quite good.Cheers,Roger @YSSYEDIT: Sorry Eric I reread your post and realised that you want to make the fence out of 2D trees to save polys. Sorry I can't help. Cheers,