Sign in to follow this  

How to add a runway to the scenery in a mac?

Hello, Can anyone tell me how can I add, step by step, a newrunway (I know the coordinates, the position, the pavimenttype, the size,... everything!) in a new place, not in anexisting airport?I tried to see in the scenery editor, read the manuals but...I coudn't understand how can I do it!there are no tutorials about it?I must have another software?I'm running a iMac 1Ghz - 768ram - System OSX 10.2.6Thank youAntonio Carmona

Antonio,Runways are added as database items - basically, you need to learn how to create or edit database entries, create a DEX file, then import the DEX file to add your work to existing database pods. There are some great tools to help you do this, but I'm not sure that any of them are compatible with the Mac. If you can't use the tools, then you'll need to do it the "hard way" - open the database DBD file from its pod, edit or add entries with the file manager, then use the Fly! II file manager to repod and index the data.In your case, you will need to first create a new airport (runways can only be added to an existing airport) - at the very least you would edit the airport.dbd (in the airport.pod), then add a runway to the runway.dbd (in the runway.pod).There are a number of basic tutorials available that may help you do this. Here's a link to some information that I put together with Colin Sare-Soar a while back: http://saltydogfly2.avsim.net/database_editing_tutorial.htmSomeone also posted a basic tutorial in the file library - do a search on database editing. Also, be sure to check the Database-editing info at the top of this Developer's forum page.

Randall Rocke