Sign in to follow this  

C4TO

I installed Fly II and updated it to Versin 240. Then I dowloaded C4TO Version 3.0. I also installed Flyscripts! When I opened Fly II and pressed alt F12 the message in he lower left corner was that there were no scripts loaded. tmendell@comcast.net. I tried to follow the Key Text and started Cntrl Alt and still nothing happen. When I looked in the Flyscripts! folder it was empty.Titus

Titus,C4TO v3 is a new version of C4TO that does not use Flyscripts! It is a DLL. I would also call it a beta as there are still issues to work out with it - I understand it has some neat new features, but I haven't had the time to check it out yet.I'm still using the Flyscripts!/C4TO combo (original version for Fly!II) and having no problems.I would guess that there is documentation with the DLL version that will tell you how to operate the program.

Randall Rocke

I followed the directions. Regardless of what I do nothing happens. No contact with ATC No voices. Titus

Have you tried ALT-F? I have installed C4TO 3.2 and it says CTRL-ALT-/ is no longer a valid key combination to start a new ATC-session. Instead you have to use ALT-F.Harald

Maybe the best way to start is to tell me where each file from C4TO 3.00 should be. Also should I eliminate the flylscript.dll and the wave files from an earlier installation. Do I need any previous versions installed or is this version self sufficient.Titus

Guest richpress

Yes I thought I had the same problem as you and was about to list it in this forum. However no need as I have got it to work.I downloaded these files. C4TO.zip and C4TO-patch-3.3.zip. I followed the instructions in the readme file with C4TO.zip and like you had no response.However when I followed the C4TO.keys.txt supplied with the patch all was well. Good luck, Richard.:-jumpy

Tha6t did it. Now another problem. When I get to approach I get turns at a rapid sequence. The plane cannot keep up with those turns and i can't keep up with making the acknowledgements. I did get to ORD from DTW and made a good landing. Titus

Guest richpress

Hi. Yes it does get hectic.I think we have a number of things in common.1 We are both new to C4TO2 We are both retired.3 Probably like me you have been a pilot or recreational pilot in the past and are now experiencing some cheap flying by simulator.With C4to it may be a bit like the blind leading the blind.However we may be able to help each other get the most out of this potentially good ATC program.I initially used a short flight plan using controlled airports and one VOR. I used the flyhawk trainer because it is slow.When handed over to approach by central I was told that it would be a visual approach ,or words to that effect ,and to report when the airport was in sight. After a couple of altitude changes the vectors given provided a 5 mile base leg. The vector charges were basically 180deg turns waiting for a response from me that I have the A/P in sight. There were a number of smaller corrections requested depending to my response time to course changes . I have since used the Kodiak and yes it can get a bit hectic particularly if you accidentally hit the D key and doubled your speed. Until I worked this out I was charging around like a mad thing.I'm not sure whether we can expect any more . Maybe if there is a ILS approach for the active runway assigned, you can load the frequency and pick this up on one of the base legs. On declaring A/P in sight(Alt Home)and changing to Tower it is then over to you to line up and land. Maybe Tony Crider may read this and provide some comment as to whether I am on the right track. Regards Richard.