Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

Sedona, AZ TS Project Recommendations

For those of you who wish to download and generate my new Sedona, AZ TerraScenery, here are the package descriptions and recommended procedures.1. Download the Sedona, AZ Area TerraScene Project Pack: http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?DLID=33791The new red desert textures are a part of the pack and will be used automatically when the project is selected. If you wish to add none of my image fixes, you'll still get excellent scenery, though you will notice strange marks here and there. These are apparently caused by a few errors in the USGS data.2. If you wish to use my edits and repairs of the worst of these, download the Sedona Image Repair Kit #1: http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?DLID=33792Copy or move the images into the output folder before rendering. Follow the rendering instructions in the repair kit instead of the procedures that came with the main project pack.3. There are other more minor "bumps" in the landscape that I have corrected. The Sedona Image Repair Kit #2 provides those fixes. You will need both repair kits to use these. Please follow the setup and render instructions that come with this kit instead of the procedures that were included with the others - it covers everythingFor those of you who get the Sedona scenery, you get a bonus. I have included a new set of southwest textures and render options files that you can use to create other brown desert, red desert, and red canyon environments.For those of you who will not be using this scenery, I have uploaded the texture set: Southwest Textures for TerraScene 2.1 to the file library.Now..........I'm going on a 2-week vacation!! :D

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>For those of you who get the Sedona scenery, you get a bonus.>I have included a new set of southwest textures and render>options files that you can use to create other brown desert,>red desert, and red canyon environments.>>For those of you who will not be using this scenery, I have>uploaded the texture set: Southwest Textures for TerraScene>2.1 to the file library.A correction is in order here - the above is true for red desert and red desert canyon textures. However, you would have had to download my Phoenix project to get the "brown desert" textures options file. If you do not want Phoenix but want to get the brown desert file, it is included in the Southwest Textures set.