Sign in to follow this  
flyfisher

Deleting terrascenery

Having created some scenery with TS2 I am not entirely happy with it and want to try to improve it.What is the best way to delete it and get back to the scenery before the terrascenery process?:-beerchug

Guest Colins2

Hi,If the scenery is PODded then simply delete the relevant POD file and the associated .scf file - that's it!If the scenery id NOT PODded then you must delete the relevant directories.Actually, you don't need to delete them if you are going to re-render the area as Fly! will overwrite them if told to do so. However, better safe, I would delete them.The folder structure goes like this:..Fly!2 Data Scenery etc.Say I render 000:172, then I get Data d000171 d000173 d001171 d001172 d001173 D000172 - note the capital 'D' d255171 d255172 d255173In the Fly! world, the tiles are laid out like this:255:173 000:173 001:173255:172 000:172 001:172255:171 000:171 001:171All the surrounding tiles will have a folder created containing a selection from G00.trn, G01.trn, G10.trn and G11.trn.These files contain the elevation data so that you get a seamless match all round your main tile.The centre tile, the one that is capitalized, will have all the rendered ground tiles and also the *.trn files.It really depends if you have any additional scenery in adjoining tiles that you don't want to lose. If you don't then simply delete all of the above folders and start again.Hope this helpsColin

Colin,Thanks, that is most helpful.With the assistance you and Randall gave me I was able to do a small area around Gisborne and now want to terrascene a bigger area.:-beerchug