Sign in to follow this  
Guest Scruff

Confused about Fly!2

Hi folks:I recently upgraded my new computer and installed Fly!2 on it. I was copying files from my old machine, and I seem to be missing something on the new install. The old PC has some wonderful scenery I generated with Terrascene2 between Grand Junction, CO and Denver. I can't seem to be able to find where the files are that I need to copy to my new install. I'd like your advice on what directory they might be in, and what they might be called or what file type they are.This was really much simpler for Fly2K, and I did just have to copy files over (".epd" files in the "Scenery" folder).I would really like to use the old scenery since it was generated with the high-res textures that Todd removed from circulation, so a new TS2 generation would be a big disappointment. I had thought that there was a POD file or 2, or maybe something from the "data" directory, but I haven't had any luck finding them. I still have the original TGA files from TS2 though, but if I regenerate, what output file will it create for me (looked in the TS2 manual, but didn't find what I was looking for)? Thanks for any help you can give,Scruff

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Scruff,There is no difference in copying scenery files from Fly!2 - they are stored in the same place as Fly!2K: the Scenery folder. They do have a new name - pod files in Fly!2K were EPD files...pod files in Fly!2 are POD files.Just copy all of the POD and SCF files over from the Scenery directory and you're ready to go