Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shalomar

Any hope for default ATC?

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!I like being able to read a menu and just punch in a number instead of remembering key commands. Also those ground control generated arrows are very useful when taxiing. These two things have been a factor preventing me from using C4TO. Is it possible to improve the default ATC pod? I have a few suggestions if so. First, minor changes that would make it MUCH better.Include active runway info in ATISList wypoints in clearance requests or specify "direct"Force ATC to assign runways selected in flight plan waypoint detailsAdd "request approach vector" to approach and tower options without an open IFR planHave Center initiate letdown at a 3 to 1 ratio x miles out AND/ORMake sure center hands you off to the approach at your destination airport when you have a flight plan when using autotune. Often in the Hawker by the time I get close enough to autotune approach at my destination I am at the "Stop, chop and drop" point. I often get the wrong airport approach initially.Have departure hand off to approach on short cross countriesDo something about Center terminating services in positive control airspace or when on IFR planThese implementations would make flying much easier. They would go a long way in making up for FLY 2 ATC's inability to recognise IFR conditions. If ATIS included the active you wouldn't have to look up ILS frequencies so urgently on approach. Also if your destination is IFR you can select an ILS equipped runway in your flight plan AND have it assigned. You could also ensure a correct runway for aircraft type, ATC has a nasty habit of vectoring me to the shortest runway at certain airports regardless of type.These things are not as important but would be nice.When contacting clearance delivery without a flight plan directory should pop up. You then punch in your destination name/ICAO and search/select. Then the NAV log should pop up with your current position referenced as first waypoint. If not near an airport or VOR a waypoint should be created. Your previously selected destination should appear as the second waypoint giving you a chance to enter in between waypoints. When NAV log is closed your request is sent and if airborne Clearance gives initial vector or hands off to center or approach for vectoring (or both)Have clearance assign realistic initial "step" altitude and inform how many minutes after departure you can expect cruise altitudeReplace "request higher/lower altitude" with single "request altitude change". When selected popup window allows you to enter specific altitude or flight level.Add "request heading change" with similar popup windowAdd "request different runway" option to approach, ground control and towerBest regards, Donny:-wave

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!Guess if it was easy it would have been done that way instead of developing C4TO. Guess I'll install it with my reload when I get my ROTW DVD.Thanx, Donny:-wave

Guest tonyc

Donny, default ATC was fine before online ATC was fully available. Once you fly with online ATC, you'll never look back to default ATC. Try it.tony

I think Donny has a point there, I enjoy the developing side of fly! 2 a lot, but flying is still a problem (2 years down the line and no more then 50 hrs logged time and still a newbbie crashing on landing the skyhawk)It would be great to be able to practice the protocols used by ATC while offline.I havent yet used C4TO, but I am still hopefull another avenue will open itself for research, perhaps a newbbies server???Dan

Guest Eagle

I use VATSIM a lot and have found their controllers to be very good.I usually pick a center that is in operation and instead of landing at a major airport I will pick one on the outskirts. They will vector you right down to the field even if it is not controlled by a tower.Recently flew from Richmond (KRIC) to Raleigh/Durham (KRDU) under control of Washington Center. Late at night you can even carry on a conversation with the person operating the Center.