Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

Rotw generic GPS.......Laurent C

G'day Laurent,I'm starting to get into the nitty gritty part of the Jabiru main panel. I was wondering if you could please post the pixel dimensions ( H x W )of the new ( soon to be released) GPS by ROTW. It's a very small panel and space is a premium.Cheers,Roger

Guest laurentC

Hi Roger,Each gauge is 215x155 : you can place one or two gauges on the panel, and each one is independent.Here the picture in its real dimension.If you post your mail address I can send to you the whole package ...Cheers,laurentC(rotw)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/109210.gif

G'day Laurent,Thank you for the reply. I'll have to move some switches and squeeze things up a bit more; I need another 5-10 mm of vertical panel space. I've given it some thought and decided for the intitial release to use the standard TRI GPS in the Flyhawk. The main reason is it's only half the size and also to maintain the panel as near as possible to the original aircraft. I can also make the TRI GPS disappear off the face of the panel, so if there are any purists out there they can fly with a clean panel; any dumb dumbs like me :-) who can't navigate can just click and hey presto they have a GPS. I'll still get the ROTW GPS when its uploaded and give it a try but the panel will be really cramped for space. The Jabiru is a very small aircraft. The actual aircraft photo explains all.Cheers,Roger

Guest laurentC

You're indeed Roger : no room for a GPS !Keep in mind you can use the "mini panel" feature, Fly!1 used to have, for extra stuff if you need more things to be shown at once ...Cheers,laurent