Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jelly

How can I repaint or make a Fly! II aircraft?

So my question is very simple: How can I repaint or make a Fly! II aircraft? Is there a program or how can I do it... Thanks for links or answer.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

G'day Jelly,Welcome to the Fly! forums. I assume you are new to Fly! II so I'll keep my answer simple.Repaints -You will need a high end graphics program such as Photoshop or Paintshop Pro.The aircraft exterior textures are stored in a TIF file in the aircraft POD file.Use the program Podview ( in tools folder) to extract the TIF file from the aircraft POD file to the Fly! II ART folder.Use notepad to set the variable searchPodFilesFirst=0 in the Fly.ini file ( located Fly! II SYSTEMS folder.Now just open the TIF file in your paint program, make your changes and save back to the Fly! II ART folder.Now whenever you select that aircraft your nice new repaint will be displayed.You will have a million questions along the way :-)Just post in this forum and you will get all your problems answered.Cheers,Roger

G'day Jelly,As an addendum to my previous post; when you get to the stage where you are happy with your repaint and want to make it a separate identity so that you can upload to the library and share with the forum, give me an email and I'll email you a tutorial on how to do that.Cheers,Roger