Sign in to follow this  
Guest Chris Wallace

Fly! Legacy MSVC build settings changed

Guest Chris Wallace

I've just committed a change to fix up the Release build settings, note that libtiff is not actually required, so I have removed it from the library list. The Install.txt also listed it as a requirement; it used to be, but I found incompatibility problems with libtiff and the TIFF textures generated by some graphics programs so I just wrote my own basic TIFF loader. I have removed Install.txt and will use Readme.txt exclusively from now on to avoid conflicts.Also as per Roland's suggestion, I've started splitting out areas of the code into independent libraries. So far, the POD filesystem interface and the whole UI/FUI section are split out into their own static libs. This should improve linking times for developers just working on one area at a time.Corresponding changes to the Dev-C++ configuration are underway...Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Guest roland_lfor

Hi Chris,I've download the last project files.Here a few remarks/problems I've had for compiling :- The Keymap.cpp in the DSP is pointing in "Main" folder but the real position is in "Ui" folder.- the "libjpeg.lib" for link seems to be false, as the lib name generated by Jpeg-6b project is "jpeg.lib". Is that correct ?- The "fnt_d.lib" is missing for linkage in project settings.Then I managed the first compilation here but I have a run problem :It can't load any bitmap (Raw & Act). It looks like the Flylegacy.pod is not mounted and the requested files (like FTASCM10.raw) can't be found. The Flylegacy.pod is in Sytem folder. Any ideas ?Here the gtfo.log2005-10-08 15:23:02.343 Abnormal exit File: utilitybitmaps.cpp Line: 430 CBitmapPBM : Could not open PBM or ACT file for UILOADING SCREENOPENING.PBMThanks- roland -

Guest Chris Wallace

>- The Keymap.cpp in the DSP is pointing in "Main" folder but>the real position is in "Ui" folder.That should now be in the UI folder since it's part of the UI project. I'll doublecheck CVS and fix it.>- the "libjpeg.lib" for link seems to be false, as the lib>name generated by Jpeg-6b project is "jpeg.lib". Is that>correct ?Mine is named libjpeg.lib, though I don't remember how I built it. You should be able to rename the .lib.>- The "fnt_d.lib" is missing for linkage in project settings.Hm, OK I'll check that again.>Then I managed the first compilation here but I have a run>problem :Your POD filesystem is not getting initialized properly. Do you have all of the Fly! Legacy files installed in your normal Fly! II folder? Although there is an INI setting for "flyRootFolder" it is not used. The .exe has to be in the same folder as your Fly2.exe, and the FlyLegacy.pod and FlyLegacy.ini have to be in your Fly! II System folder.If you have POD filesystem logging turned on (logPodFilesystem=1 in the [Debug] section of FlyLegacy.ini) then send me the log file and I'll try to see what the problem is.Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Guest roland_lfor

The FlyLegacy.ini root folder was not set properly on my system.I made the first run in Fly! Legacy, that was an exiting moment !!Then I had some OpenGL error return on two lines :2005-10-08 19:31:04.218 Abnormal exit File: mainpanels.cpp Line: 1746 CPanel::Draw:Return : GL Error 0x05012005-10-08 19:32:04.312 Abnormal exit File: mainsituation.cpp Line: 517 CSituation::Draw : GL Error 0x00000501But if I comment the gtfo() lines in the code, then the program continue and seems to work ok. Is there any tips for OpenGL settings ?- roland -

Guest laurentC

Thanks Chris: I've got them.Luckily my changes were basically in the gauges and subsystem files, but some minor modifications were also added in one or two files ... BaseObjects for instance (but nothing important until now).We should share file (commit files to the repository) quite often in order to avoid any loss of data (it turned to be hard to file compare your files against mines due to the carriage return) ... I think I'll have a lot to do with the gauges and subsystem files, therefore, until no modifications are made there, I'm happy, but you may want to be updated as often as possible ? Let me (us) know what's the rule here.I compiled successfully the source code after two little problems :- the fnt_d.lib added in the link list- the startupSituation=Saved SimulationsVancouver.sit was before =Vancouver.sitI'm out of town for job until the 15/10laurent

Guest roland_lfor

Chris,I've created my SourceForge ID as : roland_lfor(what imagination !)- roland -

Guest Chris Wallace

Roland,You should have developer access now.Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada