Sign in to follow this  
Guest nanos

Fly! - How to paint an aircraft

Guest nanos

Hello to all. I am a newbie to this forum although I own my copy of Fly! (it is Fly! 1) for a while. I began downloading some existing add-on aircrafts and now my interest has grown to painting my own aircrafts (exterior-mainly changing color, adding logos).I have searched the forum and the internet, however I did not find what I am looking for (I found a lot of things about FS, bot not for original Fly!) So at the moment I am slightly clueless , that is why I have some questions (I apologise if there is some link I haven`t noticed). I own Fly! SDK 1.01.88 (users). I noticed some tools (True space, Fly Editor). I guess I need some graphic/paint program too? Any help (tutorial...) will be appreciated.

G'day Nanos,Please excuse me for the very late reply. You are not being ignored. The fact is that I know nothing about the file structure regarding repainting for the original Fly and was holding off on the hope that maybe one of the early developers may have seen this post and was able to help. The truth is that we have lost ALL the forum posts for Fly! in one of Avsims upgrades. Fly! / Fly! 2k had a very short life before it was superceded by Fly! II and virtually all development since has been for Fly! II. There is no commonality. TRI realised very early that Fly! didn't cut the mustard when it came to the aircraft resolution and completely revamped the process. Update to Fly! II and you'll not only get a generally better overall sim but also be able to get lots of help re aircraft repaints.Yes you will need a paint program. I recommend a version of Photoshop, but others have managed quite well using PaintShop Pro.You will also require a conversion program by "Elrond Elvish" called Flygraphics. This can be downloaded from the Fly! (NOT Fly! II ) miscellaneous folder in the Avsim Library. Search under the AUTHORS NAME.Not much of a reply but I'm sorry I can't help you.Cheers,Roger