Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

Sounds in Fly! II ............

G'day all,Can anyone please tell me if the sounds in Fly! II are mono or stereo, - or do either formats work?I've just purchased a camera that also has a video mode and records sound in stereo. It can also work discretely as a sound recorder only and can record continuously as long as I like. (within memory limits)The sound is saved as a WAVE format file.Can this be used for Fly! II sounds.All help appreciated.Cheers,Roger

Guest Chris Wallace

Hey Roger,Most (maybe all) of the sounds in Fly! are mono, but I'd be surprised if stereo sounds wouldn't work. Sample rate is anywhere from 11 KHz to 44 KHz depending on the needed fidelity for the sound (e.g. engine sounds are 44 KHz). Sample size is either 8 or 16 bits, again based on the needed fidelity. WAVE format is fine.In any case, there are free tools to convert between stereo/mono, different sampling values, etc. so you'd probably want to record the best quality you could (within limits of the flash memory) and then convert them down if you had to.Have a good vacation!Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

G'day Chris,Back again sporting a bronzed tan, and a considerably reduced bank balance :-lol Thanks for your help. I've checked and found that I can record in 44, 22, 11 KHz sampling rates 16 bit so I think I'll visit Bankstown airport and have a go at recording some noise. I've been wanting to have a go at sound recordings for some time but until now didn't have the digital equipment.I'll post how I go.Many thanksCheers,Roger