Sign in to follow this  
Guest 3cffts

Electronic HSI in Sahara

Guest 3cffts

I am trying to substitute the electronic HSI from the Peregrine/F16 in place of the existing HSI in the Sahara. I believe I have inserted the appropriate lines of code in the MALI0.PNL and TRI1.amp files, but the elec.HSI display is not appearing. Can someone who has worked with this sort of thing tell me if there is another file I should be amending, or could check my code to see if I am missing a line?Thanks,Brian.

G'day Brian,I'm the last person to be giving advice on programming problems but in the absence of a reply I'll try.1. Have you tried running Fly! II in debug mode? This may throw up a solution to to your problem. Don't ask how as I've never done it myself but I remember it being mentioned previously.2. From my own experience fiddling with gauges I've found it is usually a dependency such as a bus, switch/circuit breaker or system that is also required. Read carefully through the lines you have added to the Amp file and then make sure that all unique ID's in those lines are also fully defined lower down in the amp file.3. If you post your pnl and amp files I'll have a look at them and see if I can see any obvious problems.Sorry I can't be of more help.Cheers,Roger

Guest 3cffts

Hi Roger: Many thanks for your encouragement and the suggestion about the electrical bus connection. I think that is my problem, I have used the wrong bus. I have never tried the debug mode but will certainly have a look at it. In my very limited programming experience (dBASE) I have never had much success with debuggers, but it is always worth trying!I have to say that I keep being surprised at the detail and complexity of FlyII. I still think it is a great simulator that was well ahead of its time!cheers, Brian.

Guest 3cffts

Rene: Thanks for the tip. I will first go over what I have done in more detail. I believe Roger has pointed me in the right direction. I am sure that ROTW would have the answer ... their TBM700 is amazing!Brian.

Guest 3cffts

Success! I had to copy the EHSI info from the Pilatus into the TRI1 .amp and .pnl files, including the collins autopilot info. There do not appear to be any conflicts, except that the Heading Hold feature (Bendix A/P) sometimes wanders +/- 150'. Brian.