Sign in to follow this  
spilok

How do I change seat height?

Please help me with this. I seem to remember a technique for being able to see over the panel easier (Cessna 172). You had to type something in somewhere and change a value, but for the life of me, I can't remember how to do it. I'd appreciate a quick lesson on that. Stan

Guest Allan_D

Stan,Hit the command console while in flight mode by the " : " keythen type "head_tilt 20" or change the 20 to anything from 0 to 360 etc.You can also bind that command to a joy key button if you wishHave Fun :-walksmilehttp://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gifAllan

I needed that : command. I just couldn't remember how to get that strip on the top of the screen. Appreciate the help. Thanks. Stan

Ralph B-Allan I tried this and nothing changed :(

Guest Allan_D

Hi Ralph B,Did you hit the "colon" : and gain the tape strip at top of sreen?This will only work in F2 and F3 views.Then in the top black tape strip typehead_tilt 340hit enterIt should change the degree of where your looking.change the 340 to whatever works best for you.when you find the setting you like you can assign it to a joy button if you wishjoy_1 head_tilt 340Picture attached, If you still can't get this to work e-mail me if you wish cldawson@dmci.net Have Fun :-jumpyhttp://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gifAllan

Ralph B-Hi Allan,yes I hit the colon,got the tape strip typed in head_tilt_20 hit enter and nothing happened.I'll try it with the 340 first and work from there. thanks :-wave

Guest Motormouse

>Ralph B-Hi Allan,yes I hit the colon,got the tape strip >typed in head_tilt_20 hit enter and nothing happened.I'll >try it with the 340 first and work from there. thanks >:-wave Ralph, your syntax is wrong, you should use:head_tilt 20 (or any other full number)orhead_tilt+ (plus degrees)orhead_tilt- (minus degrees)Hope this helps:-wavePete

Ralph B-Thanks Pete I'll try it again :-wave