Sign in to follow this  

Fled flattening

Yo I start to mess around in the FU3 scenery using FLED. I want to create some new airports. I found out that you need a piece of flat area for that, in order not to have the plane sunken away in the runway :(.Couple of questions hence:Is it possible to see within FLED which area is flat? Or do I realy need some tool like GeoTileViewer to flatten out area?What exactly does the FLED option 'show classification' show? I mean I see green area's, blue area's (that must be water) or no-coloured area's. What do they mean? What happens when I pain a piece of no-coloured area green by clicking the mouse on it?My first airport turned out to be a disaster: fu3 bailed out after starting. You are probably laughing by now....Bye

Jorgen,I can't help here, but I must say that my experiences with FLED are kind of similar... I can tell you no laughing here! Maybe weaping together?Jokke

First you must create 'main point' for the airport. Fled make blue square. Start to move it & look at bottom of the screen ( latitude, longitude ). There you'll see the height of the square. If it changes, the area isn't flat. It may changes about 1 m and you still can make the airport in this place.B. Adamski