Sign in to follow this  

FU3 Geforce3 and XP

I have recently purchased and installed FU3 onto an XP system.However, I don't appear to be getting any cloud effects and the graphics look a bit "flat".Game appears to be OK apart from thatLatest geforce drivers installed.Any clues?All advice appreciatedIan D:-zhelp

Ian,Have you installed the patch ? If so, then the next advice that I can give is to add Laurie Doering's weather upgrades to the main flt3.cfg file. If you don't know where to get these, then I can send you the text file.Go to the OPTIONS menu and set the haze to around 25 per cent. This combines with the above weather upgrades to seriously improve the overall sky visuals.I would STRONGLY advise that you use FSAA (full scene anti aliasing) mode. This greatly reduces the shimmering present in distant terrain textures, although you will see a slight reduction in framerates.If you have a powerful PC (and a top end graphics card), then you could also activate ANISOTROPIC FILTERING. I can't do this at the moment, since my GeForce 2 GTS doesn't support this in Direct3D mode (and for anyone who responds to this by suggesting GeForce Tweak Utility, NVMax, Riva Tuner etc.......don't bother. None of these have EVER worked for me). Basically, anisotropic filtering should reduce the blurring in distant textures.If anyone else can think of anything else, then feel free to add to this !Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png