Sign in to follow this  
Hans_Petter

Levitation

I just tried out the "no dome" DC3 at Port Angeles. Normally I tend to stay in the cockpit but this time I wanted to check the aircraft out from all perspectives. I went outside and moved around the aircraft and found it to be levitated about 1 foot above the ground. Later I scrutinized a Cessna and found it to be a bit above ground level as well.Since I reinstalled FU3 (due to hardware problems / upgrade) I haven't generated outer megatiles yet. Could this make a difference?Another issue that comes to mind, I did use Agtim's Coupeville Nolf elevation fix in my previous FU3 installation. Since I've still got the entire old FU3 on a backup partition, what files would I copy to get it back? Actually, I might skip the entire generation of megatiles as well and just copy files from the old installation. The old installation is buggy in some respects but that's due to radio frequency conflicts.Anyway, the "no dome" alternative looks fine for a civilian DC3 :-)best regards,Hans Petter

I don't know why player plane is above the ground, but AI planes use the height that is stored in the file fbo2.cfg in the airport folder. this value is in meters. Try to change it manualy using notepad. Remember that the airport maybe not exactly flat.But in the end I must say that at other airport I can see bigger levitations or sinks into ground.B.Adamski

Guest jonpoint

Hans Petter,See my reply on the other thread (I also emailed it to you). The reason for your problem is that the 3D model files (69&70) are 'expecting' a different flight model. Once you install that, it should be OK. And thanks for the compliment on the mods. With nearly 200 downloads of my two DC3 liveries, about the only Avsim feedback I've had (apart from some friends) is from Tom Wunder - thanks Tom!Regarding your megatile question, I reloaded everything last night (finally got my new Athlon) and just copied the tiles from my archived (buggy) version - it works! Not only that but I didn't have the FU2 disks handy so I just copied the relevant sanfran files across and that works too! I've now 'split' the FU2 files into another archive so I can just copy it over anytime - makes install a breeze! I'll post a directory listing so others can do the same. I now have a complete, archived-as-installed FU3 (4 CDs)and a complete, ready-to-copy FU2 add-on (2 CDs). The things we learn...Now, why is the Cessna doing it as well? Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Thanks! The reason that the Cessna is doing it as well is that I got very picky about it :-) One may find a slight degree of levitation in several aircraft at several airports. While the MS aircraft tend to sink in a bit the FU aircraft tend to be slightly above the ground. Unless I'd scrutinized the "no dome" DC3 first I wouldn't have noticed. I'll apply the fix tonight.best regards,Hans Petter