Sign in to follow this  

Am I going to want FU2 installed also?

Hey guys,I was reading the archives and some of the previous posts in the new forum regarding FU2. also was looking over the libraries at Avsima nd Flightsim. FU2 has some adventures and other interesting things... am I going to want FU2 in addition to FU3?Will they share the same drive? I have FS and FLY sharing my drive already with no problems...fyi.ThanksEarl.... "and the greatest of these is Love." I Cor. 13:13

Guest jonpoint

Earl,You don't NEED FU2 but you miss out on a lot of nice scenery if you don't have it! The Sanfran area is really pretty (as Chris I'm sure will attest to). It doesn't have the rugged mountains (and weather) of the Seattle region but it's sure nice to explore. You don't need to install it 'properly', you just use the FU2 discs (when FU3 asks for it) during FU3 installation. This method simply integrates the terrain files from FU2 into FU3. It does add some size to the program but not that much (400-500M?). Ah, yes! You may have to reinstall FU3 but hey! A clean copy's a good copy :-)Of course you can install it separately and fly it as a separate sim. Some people actually prefer the FU2 aircraft. I've flown it a couple of times but prefer the plethora of FU3 stuff I can play with!Either way you can't lose... :-)Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Hi Jon,Thnks for the reply. I've already ordered FU2 but i was just curious as to the merits of having it as a stand alone sim. It seemed to have a lot of adventures, my favorite. The planes looked about the same quality as FU3....Thanks again!Earl.... "and the greatest of these is Love." I Cor. 13:13

Earl,You can install FU2 as a separate simulator, and it is a worthy simulation in its own right. You would also notice much improved framerates ! The planes aren't up to the visual standard of those in FU3, but they are good enough.You may find that it freezes at times when using 3D hardware mode, but otherwise you should be ok.I recently re-installed FU2 as a standalone flight simulator, since I have just written an article about it for PC Pilot magazine. This will be included in Issue 18 (released in late August), so make sure that you order a copy !!!Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png