Sign in to follow this  
AdvancedFollower

Question about callsigns...

Hi all. I just downloaded the Archer (excellent plane!).About the callsign...how exactly did you make ATC say "Archer"? From what I understand, it was created in a wave editor by editing what is already in the ATC files, to make it sound like Archer. Correct me if I'm wrong.I'm sure most of you have noticed that when you're flying with some planes (the ones inherited from FU2), the tower controller (I think...was a while since I played FU3), uses a different voice when saying the callsign, than he does at all other times.If the Archer callsign was made by editing, would it then be possible, using the same technique, to correct the "multiple voices" problem, so the controllers always have the same voice? It dounds a bit stupid when one vocie says "Arrow 2LG" and then another one continues "cleared for takeoff" :)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Eh Jimmy!As I did the sounds for the Archer (and DC3 VH-ABR) I may be able to help here.The word 'Archer' actually comes from the word 'departure' which is found in the controller voice file and in the pilot voice files in FU3. There are 3 ATC operators, one female, two male. There are 9 pilot voices. In addition, each aircraft resfile carries 6 ATC sound files (two for each ATC op. - one says the aircraft name, the other says the name AND callsign) and 18 pilot soundfiles (two for each pilot - one 'normal', one 'excited').I extracted 'Archer' from the FU3 files, extracted the aircraft files and cut 'n' pasted to suit. The reason why sometimes the voices change is that, even though the same people were used to record the files, there is a lot of variation in their voices. FU3 uses lots of samples and arranges them into strings to play them back. So, the 'cleared for takeoff' by ATC operator 1 will always be the same sample, no matter what aircraft they are talikng to. This is what makes the job so difficult - I wasn't just looking for an 'Archer' that sounded good, I needed ones that 'fitted' with the existing files. I could say that if my daughter hears the word 'Archer' one more time she'll refuse to do her homework...Hope this helps. Feel free to email me for further info - or do it here so everyone can share.Regards,Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************